Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what do I need?

I am looking at doing a cam swap on my 2010 LS3 Camaro when it comes in.
What all will I need to round up, besides the cam, push rods, locks, dual springs some new retainers. Looking at a double Timing chain..
I am hearing some other things are needed, like new lifters and a LS7 cam gear.

Any info would be appreciated..
Thanks
Daniel
Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
I am looking at doing a cam swap on my 2010 LS3 Camaro when it comes in.
What all will I need to round up, besides the cam, push rods, locks, dual springs some new retainers. Looking at a double Timing chain..
I am hearing some other things are needed, like new lifters and a LS7 cam gear.

Any info would be appreciated..
Thanks
Daniel
Is your car a manual or auto? If it's an auto, you're going to have to turn off the VVT for now. Comp has not completed their cam phaser as of yet. You'll only have to swap out lifters if you've got the L99 engine. If you have a manual LS3 car your stock lifters will work just fine. Your cam will be the single center-bolt design, so you will need the three-bolt upper timing gear and ARP cam bolt kit. A double timing set is by no means necessary, but we do stock them should you decide to go that route.

Let me know if you have the desire to travel for the installation. We'll be happy to work a deal for you to get more numbers out! Also, let me know if you need any of the bolt-on mods to go with it. We stock the American Racing Headers with and without cats, along with all of the other bolt-ons.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Is your car a manual or auto? If it's an auto, you're going to have to turn off the VVT for now. Comp has not completed their cam phaser as of yet. You'll only have to swap out lifters if you've got the L99 engine. If you have a manual LS3 car your stock lifters will work just fine. Your cam will be the single center-bolt design, so you will need the three-bolt upper timing gear and ARP cam bolt kit. A double timing set is by no means necessary, but we do stock them should you decide to go that route.

Let me know if you have the desire to travel for the installation. We'll be happy to work a deal for you to get more numbers out! Also, let me know if you need any of the bolt-on mods to go with it. We stock the American Racing Headers with and without cats, along with all of the other bolt-ons.

Trevor
??

turn off the AFM you mean? the phaser kit is out and the cams for the VVT.. I have one installed.. only added the phaser, cam, springs.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.

Trevor
Trevor,
Thanks for the Info..
The car is a 6 speed manual..
when I get ready to do the swap. I'll give you a shout.

Daniel

Quick Reply: what do I need?