Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

about to buy a 6.0L now what

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default about to buy a 6.0L now what

i am about to buy a 6.0 barer block. Now I know that i will need to get everything the engine needs but there are a lot of little things that comes on assembled blocks. I'm going to attempt to write a list of the things I know i will need. Feel free to add in/suggest better parts. I am going to start a very long process towards a 408 stroked d1 procharged set-up. I'm aiming to get as close to 800 rwhp as possible. But as for now i need to get the necessary parts to get the motor completed and on the road. it will be a while before i get the cash to buy the procharger set-up. please keep the goal in mind when viewing this list.

This is all i can muster up so far:

Top End

Patriot stage 3 lq9 heads
Fast 92mm intake/throttle body combo
what maf is best for this setup?
What fuel rail?
dual intank walbro pumps and 65lb injectors.
stock ram air airbox (camaro ss) or SLP cold air intake
smooth bellow

Internals

TSP rotating assembly-
Wiseco -15cc dish pistons 4.03"
Total seal steel ring 4.03"
Clevite "H chamfered" main & rod bearings
Eagle H beam connecting rods w/ ARP 2000 rod bolts
Compstar 4" crankshaft

EPP blower cam
patriot gold valvesprings
LS2 timing chain
LS2 oil pump
LS2 oil pan
What rockers?
What size pushrods?
ls7 lifters

I'm sure there is a good bit missing. When adding, please suggest size/brand to parts suggested.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody? like pulleys- things like that i am confused on. Will they come with shortblocks or would they have to be purchased seperately anyway? i knwo there's got to be people out there that can chime in.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

I am going to start a very long process towards a 408 stroked d1 procharged set-up. I'm aiming to get as close to 800 rwhp as possible. But as for now i need to get the necessary parts to get the motor completed and on the road.
First, I would recommend reading the info in the link below and posting in the Forced Induction section as well. There is a lot of good info in that thread. Second, regardless of your direction you need to consider the necessity and cost of supporting hardware like the fuel system, drivetrain and suspension. Most people don't realize how expensive and important it is until after they dive in head first.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...induction.html

it will be a while before i get the cash to buy the procharger set-up. please keep the goal in mind when viewing this list.
If that's the case, you may want to reevaluate your goals. I would either; a) build the motor on the side while you drive the car, then install it when it's complete, or b) build the motor geared toward the n/a side and install it now. Then later go toward the forced induction. My .02
Old 08-08-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, i have all the drivetrain and supporting mods budgeted. i'm just trying to focus on building the right motor. thanks though

Quick Reply: about to buy a 6.0L now what