Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

To sleeve or not to sleeve....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls 2 goat
YES! ERL clearanced my block like that. If you'd like I can send you the emails they sent me on it.

ok , now i get it. then yes its bad, a shop like ERL should know what to do and what not do do. it can be a once i n a lifetime problem
Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by themack56
ok , now i get it. then yes its bad, a shop like ERL should know what to do and what not do do. it can be a once i n a lifetime problem
Ya it can be a one time thing and that's ok. What was more shocking was the fact they let it leave like that, tried to charge me an additional 1200 dollars for it (it takes 1 hour to do), then asked if we were gonna make this known online. After responding with a "no", they gave us the big screw you and would not accept responsibility. They never once said give us the block back and we'll redo it. They said if you send it back we're not gonna touch it. Your shop can re-sleeve it....WTF did I pay you to do?

I know shops make mistakes, its how you handle those mistakes when they come to light. They Failed miserably. All I wanted to hear is "we'll make this right". Obviously that was too much to ask for.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Launching!

I am the engine builder for ls 2 goat and also built the short block for T bones Goat. I know that from time to time a shop is going to have mistakes these things do happen. When something like this does happen it depends on having not good but great customer care in order to make it correct. The customer care that we have received from ERL was not to the level you expect from a large name shop such as ERl. I feel that they need to take a good hard look at who is handling their customer so that this doesn't happen to any other customers.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by G Engines
I am the engine builder for ls 2 goat and also built the short block for T bones Goat. I know that from time to time a shop is going to have mistakes these things do happen. When something like this does happen it depends on having not good but great customer care in order to make it correct. The customer care that we have received from ERL was not to the level you expect from a large name shop such as ERl. I feel that they need to take a good hard look at who is handling their customer so that this doesn't happen to any other customers.
Off topic, but have I ever told you that I love my motor? LMAO
Old 10-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G Engines
Your going to have to add Matt to that list soon! lol
Old 10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Just for clarification that last picture in post 33 is shaded to show how much the piston was hanging out of the cylinder

Quick Reply: To sleeve or not to sleeve....