Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anyone built 482 LSX GM?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know but you'd also have to have manifold spacers. I don't actually install the engines in cars so I don't know what else doesn't fit.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Do the ultimate.

Sleeve an iron LSX tall deck block, 4.250 stroke x 4.155 bore...461ci.

Plenty of gasket, plenty of piston support...tons of cylinder strength.

Is this a joke? If not you need to read more and stop posting.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Is this a joke? If not you need to read more and stop posting.
No, its NOT. So I guess I don't have to read more and stop posting. But I suggest you need to do both. There's probably alot of cool things you never heard of with engine building.

Steve at Race Engine Development has done this before. The iron block supports the iron sleeves alot more than an aluminum block does. The iron in the sleeves is also stronger than the grey iron in the block. It works and many people have done this over the years.

Is it overkill for 99% of the people here, YES...but it is the ULTIMATE in strength and reliability.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the fact that the fact that people have run around 2500 hp on the "grey iron" in the lsx block and that any machine shop that has bored a lsx will tell you that the "grey iron" will eat tooling faster than any sleeve out there, should just be ignored..

There may be 1 person out there that would need to "resleeve" a lsx block. Although I can't possibly imagine who the hell it would be....

Maybe if I dance around with my head up my *** I can see the world the way you see it.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stang's bane
maybe if i dance around with my head up my *** i can see the world the way you see it.

wtf ???

Lmfao !!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I guess the fact that the fact that people have run around 2500 hp on the "grey iron" in the lsx block and that any machine shop that has bored a lsx will tell you that the "grey iron" will eat tooling faster than any sleeve out there, should just be ignored..

There may be 1 person out there that would need to "resleeve" a lsx block. Although I can't possibly imagine who the hell it would be....

Maybe if I dance around with my head up my *** I can see the world the way you see it.
I know right ..lol Why people post or even think such ridiculous **** is beyond me.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

No, its NOT. So I guess I don't have to read more and stop posting. But I suggest you need to do both. There's probably alot of cool things you never heard of with engine building.

Steve at Race Engine Development has done this before. The iron block supports the iron sleeves alot more than an aluminum block does. The iron in the sleeves is also stronger than the grey iron in the block. It works and many people have done this over the years.

Is it overkill for 99% of the people here, YES...but it is the ULTIMATE in strength and reliability.

You would think with all this next level knowledge you have you'd be able to make more than 500rwhp with your 427ci.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane

I never said to go do it, I was just saying its the ultimate in strength and reliability. I also said its overkill for 99% of the people here.

It was just a post stating a fact about sleeving an iron block....which has been done many times by the best builders. No need to be class A *****. Just keep you *** shut if you don't like it.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
You would think with all this next level knowledge you have you'd be able to make more than 500rwhp with your 427ci.
Did you read my sig dumbass?

Thats an 8 year old 427ci....~500 RWHP back then was considered BADASS. I don't feel like modding it anymore. Its old and about to be put out to pasture....with its ~140,000 miles. Lets see you or anyone else with that much mileage on a stroker engine. Good luck finding one.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Thats an 8 year old 427ci....~500 RWHP back then was considered BADASS. I don't feel like modding it anymore. Its old and about to be put out to pasture....with its ~140,000 miles. Lets see you or anyone else with that much mileage on a stroker engine. Good luck finding one.

Wow u got 140k on the clock with a stroker motor That is a testament to who ever built it.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

You better calm down with that name calling ****. For you to even suggest sleeving a tall deck lsx is nothing short of retarded. Dont get all *** hurt cause your weak 427ci couldn't pull a limp dick out of a sick *****. Congrats on getting to 140,000 miles though.I guess if you keep ***** footing around it will continue to live.There isn't an engine builder out that could assemble a longblock to stay together in one of my cars that long. I build motors to run.Not for story telling to make my **** feel bigger. Hey,whatever makes you happy though.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

I never said to go do it, I was just saying its the ultimate in strength and reliability. I also said its overkill for 99% of the people here.

It was just a post stating a fact about sleeving an iron block....which has been done many times by the best builders. No need to be class A *****. Just keep you *** shut if you don't like it.

Maybe you misssed the part about the iron in the LSX block being much harder than normal.

Have I heard of sleeving Iron blocks?? Yeah, most of the time when there is a catastrophic failure on one cylinder and in order for the block to be saved, a sleeve is put in.

I have been watching your comments on here for years now, even back when you were "Quicken". Here is my question.

Where is the NRE 2500 HP turbo motor that you were having built??

What about the 454 with a 400 shot that you were building??

That is what I thought.

You spout off so much **** on here that you have no idea about. You think every 427 should make 600 rwhp. I guess it might on some of the dyno's that you are used to.

Out here in the real world, it is quite a bit harder.

You remind me of my son. He hears part of something and think he understands all of it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it".
Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

ls6 427 may not have broken the 500 rwhp mark with his 427, but did you notice it is an a4, most likely stalled up a bit, 3.73 gears, and running a heavy 12 bolt. Definately not the drive line of a dyno queen. Good job on getting a 140,000 miles out of your ls6 based 427 stroker. Any track times ? What size stall converter ?

Now I didn't post that to take sides so please don't draw me into this little spat of yours. A lot of stones have been thrown from all those involved. How about we just get back to the topic of the thread.

I know I'm no angle on here but I'm trying to go along and get along. Even when I don't agree. LOL. Can't risk anymore infration points.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

I just asked a question, but I like the responses. By the way I'm building a 454. Thanks Lee

Quick Reply: Anyone built 482 LSX GM?