Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

418 TSP Long Block Build - Lots of Pictures + Parts list

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, he's moved from California to Texas recently and the move had killed tons of time. The engine is on the stand in his place, that's about it for updates. I just dropped off some frame parts for his 55 Chevy Nerd Rods frame.

Later
-Russell
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Russ. This is what the final engine looks like:

I got an older Beck intake to the top end from an LS1 member. Minor modifications to LS3 rails to get the injectors seated. I am not convinced that a thicker head is needed. Before I go off and spend more money, I would like to see what these heads can do. PRC is a good product but the stock heads should be able to take the added boost since it will not exceed an additional 14lbs (2 ATMs). I use a variable boost so this can support street driving.

Russ - Can you post the rear mounted turbo that you have at your shop? I have another build on a 5.3 for '32 roadster with a rear turbo. The LS3 has twin rear mounted turbos. Russ also dropped a few blocks off last month and this is a low budget build to get as much out of these blocks without dropping in a lot of cash.

The plan is to drop the LS3 into the roadster to get it tuned then put it into the '55 when we get the chassis finished. This is the chassis build:

Had to pack up my entire garage and move to Texas last year, so its taken a long time to get back to the build. Chassis will not be done for a few more months even though there is only 8 to 10 hours of work to finish it. I am going to get the 5.3 build finished first so Russ and wrap-up the '32 chassis.

Both cars are using the same Corvette C4 front end. The '32 is using a C5 4:11 rear and the '55 has a Dana 44 rear end. The goal is to get the C5/C6 suspension and rear under the '55. The geometry for that will take Russ a while to finish.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Lol, Its been so long you don't even remember what suspensions are going onto your own projects LOL's!

The 1932 Roadster is all 2010 C6 Corvette suspension and the 55 is 1992 C4 Corvette suspension. I'll get those photos banged out in a bit.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russ - I have two tri-five chassis's. I was referring to the next one in line for the C6.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ke6507
Russ - I have two tri-five chassis's. I was referring to the next one in line for the C6.
Dyslexia strikes again!!!! Sorry but we were both right and wrong.

We're doing all C5/6 Corvette suspension on the 32 Ford now. I just ate the bullet and let you have that since drawing the front suspension was going to be so much easier with everything in the computer as well as the added advantage of the C6 Corvette being 105.7" wheel base and the 32 Ford is 106 so the suspension geometry is spot on!

Roadsters front end

Later
-Russell
Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Almost done with the front as well, but I haven't started on the rear design at all unfortunately.

Later
-Russell

Quick Reply: 418 TSP Long Block Build - Lots of Pictures + Parts list