Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Scoggin
Ok, first off. The 5.3 out of that SSR should have an alum block. They are just as reliable as the LS1 for the most part. The power level is down because of the smaller bore. Wiseco does make pistons for the 5.3s though. I have not been able to use them yet, but have been looking forward to an opportunity to do so. That is for both std stroke and a 4.00 stroke, making a little more cubic inches avail in a "budget block".

On the engine side, we sell GMPP crate engines that come complete, or we sell the GM Goodwrench engines that come with heads, pan, front cover, rear cover. GM does not make an LS shortblock anymore, but we can make accomodations for one as well as building forged short/long blocks in anything from stock CI to over 500 CI now with the GM blocks and the same with the aftermarket blocks.

In fact, we have a KILLER deal running on the 04 LS6 CTS-V (400HP) engines. They are 3245 shipped to a business or hold on the freight dock. They come less intake/waterpump and come with the CTS-V/Vette balalncer, but that can be changed rather easy. With the right cam, a customer dynod 430 with a stall through an auto here is the link https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...k-results.html
Pretty impressive. We have camshafts spec'd very close to that that we can install for the cost of parts and small install fee and have you on your merry way!
Hey John

I may be interested in that ls6 deal you have right now. I fugure id spend the same or more trying to get that much power out of a 5.3 motor.

Thanks Mike
Old 07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is def no brainer really. The power avail, already done, and ready to go. Plus a cam change for some better power. We can do any upgrade to it you wish before shipping also.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 09 ls3 block

Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Scoggin
It is def no brainer really. The power avail, already done, and ready to go. Plus a cam change for some better power. We can do any upgrade to it you wish before shipping also.
Yah its makes sense, and plus its a fresh engine rather then the used one i was looking at. How long is that deal on for, and also im in Canada, how major do shipping costs jump

Quick Reply: LS3 Question