Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone provide an email address?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

sales@hkracingengines.com is off their site, but i think it goes straight to Erik anyway.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

thank you.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bouvs
Can anyone provide an email address?
I PM'd you as well but I don't actually know who you are to tell you the truth but I do engines through several other shops and people so we will see what you are getting built and where it's at?

Hopefully I can see what the hold up is and if it is our fault or not. We have engines we can get out the same week someone orders them and others that in no way can be done even in 6+ months due to weird blocks, cranks, heads, parts etc.

Thanks for the nice words from everyone else, At times we have 60-80 engine backlogs and do even now so things can sometimes get lost in the shuffle so I will just have to see what is going on with this one.

My direct email is just erik@hkracingengines.com
Old 08-21-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racer7088
I PM'd you as well but I don't actually know who you are to tell you the truth but I do engines through several other shops and people so we will see what you are getting built and where it's at?

Hopefully I can see what the hold up is and if it is our fault or not. We have engines we can get out the same week someone orders them and others that in no way can be done even in 6+ months due to weird blocks, cranks, heads, parts etc.

Thanks for the nice words from everyone else, At times we have 60-80 engine backlogs and do even now so things can sometimes get lost in the shuffle so I will just have to see what is going on with this one.

My direct email is just erik@hkracingengines.com

There you go!

Responding at 3:19am should give you an idea how little free time Erik has.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Yes it has stayed extremely busy even through this economic mess right now but we are thankful for that at least. I have slowed down taking new work the last 6 months we were simply just too backed up. I thought we would catch up but we've had a ton of business come in as so many other shops have closed down in the last year.

This particular engine is through a very good 3rd party and it did get confused with another customer of them by us that had changed to an RHS block deal. Thankfully in this case we have 90 percent of what we need to start and finish this project in the extreme near future so it will go to the front of the line and should leave pretty quickly.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's nice when stories like this have good outcomes. Best of luck.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:43 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Happy to hear this worked out for you. Sometimes it's best to go direct to the source for answers. I give you credit, I would have been on the phone after a week or two to get answers.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Happy to hear this worked out for you. Sometimes it's best to go direct to the source for answers. I give you credit, I would have been on the phone after a week or two to get answers.
LOL. I would of been calling too. LOL I personally wouldn't of waited almost a year. Thats just poor judgement (stupid) to find out "whats the hold up"

I would think when the engine was ordered, the builder (or at least asked by the customer) would give you some sort of time table for ETA. If I didn't hear anything from the builder after a week of ETA.....I'd call the builder to get the ball rolling.

I personally think the orginal thread starter DOES take some of the blame for letting this "slipped through the cracks" build get this far. Just my .02
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I can see how this happens though. He ordered the motor through his local guy, who then had to put the order through HKE, but sometimes the lines get crossed, and you start playing phone tag. Maybe his shop forgot to call sometimes, maybe HKE forgot to call back, and before you know it, weeks turn into months etc etc. Now add into the mix the engine builder calling parts suppliers and delays happen.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can see how someone could come to that conclusion. However, let me assure you this wasn't an issue of poor judgement. It took all of my restraint to remain calm, polite and professional. I wanted to remain that way since I was treated with nothing but the same. Its not like I waited a year before I phoned to see what was the hold up. I phoned and emailed often to the point that I'm sure was irritating and annoying the 3rd party involved. Everytime there were answers but they always included explained delays. I was never given an answer along the lines of "I don't know" As Erik has done a good job of saying things were being mixed up with other buyers. This made it incapable of me to know what was the problem and obviously for the builder and 3rd party since obviously they had a confusion aswell.

I think the scenerio played out exactly as it should have under the best circumstances possible. Yes its taken a while but things are now figured out and should be getting dealt with shortly. Everyone was able to treat eachother with what I think was mutual respect, which is how **** gets done properly.

Thanks for the help Erik.

To anyone else that is looking into these guys to deal with take this as a very good sign. Even under very unusual circumstances and a perfect storm scenerio. Things were dealt with properly and I'm covered and now should be receiving one of the best assembled engines out there. Even with the delay if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. These are all top notch guys and a pleasure to deal with!

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
LOL. I would of been calling too. LOL I personally wouldn't of waited almost a year. Thats just poor judgement (stupid) to find out "whats the hold up"

I would think when the engine was ordered, the builder (or at least asked by the customer) would give you some sort of time table for ETA. If I didn't hear anything from the builder after a week of ETA.....I'd call the builder to get the ball rolling.

I personally think the orginal thread starter DOES take some of the blame for letting this "slipped through the cracks" build get this far. Just my .02
Old 08-23-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see how someone could come to that conclusion. However, let me assure you this wasn't an issue of poor judgement. It took all of my restraint to remain calm, polite and professional. I wanted to remain that way since I was treated with nothing but the same. Its not like I waited a year before I phoned to see what was the hold up. I phoned and emailed often to the point that I'm sure was irritating and annoying the 3rd party involved. Everytime there were answers but they always included explained delays. I was never given an answer along the lines of "I don't know" As Erik has done a good job of saying things were being mixed up with other buyers. This made it incapable of me to know what was the problem and obviously for the builder and 3rd party since obviously they had a confusion aswell.

I think the scenerio played out exactly as it should have under the best circumstances possible. Yes its taken a while but things are now figured out and should be getting dealt with shortly. Everyone was able to treat eachother with what I think was mutual respect, which is how **** gets done properly.

To anyone else that is looking into these guys to deal with take this as a very good sign. Even under very unusual circumstances and a perfect storm scenerio. Things were dealt with properly and I'm covered and now should be receiving one of the best assembled engines out there. Even with the delay if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. These are all top notch guys and a pleasure to deal with!
You sir are a example in which most of us should follow.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think you handled the situation pretty well. I personally would have pushed a little harder earlier. Something along the lines of starting this thread at an earlier date or getting in touch with Erik sooner. I am not saying you had to get rude to get results because obviously from this thread you dont. I just would have been this involved sooner.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

erik and i talked at 3 am my time one night on the phone, he was still working on filling a block be for he left the next moring for some thing. A+ for erik (should be turning the wick up om mine shortly)
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

All I was trying to say was I wouldn't have waited this long to get in direct contact with Erik. Sometimes dealing with a middle man elongates problems.

Quick Reply: HKE Engines