Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HKE Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKE Engines

Right off the bat I'm not starting this thread to try and say anything negative about HKE. I'm still pleased and sticking with my decission of picking one of the very best engine builders out there for my car.

But more to the point of the thread. Everyone knows the high quality of their products once you take posession. What I'm interested in is how long everyone else waited to take ownership of their engines?

Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it up for whatever reason.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bouvs
Right off the bat I'm not starting this thread to try and say anything negative about HKE. I'm still pleased and sticking with my decission of picking one of the very best engine builders out there for my car.

But more to the point of the thread. Everyone knows the high quality of their products once you take posession. What I'm interested in is how long everyone else waited to take ownership of their engines?

Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it up for whatever reason.
I sent a pm to Erik. Hopefully he can get me the quote. I don't mind waiting. I know I have the piece of mind that my engine will be built correctly.

I know of a sponsor on her that doesn't align hone the mains on a stroker build. Half *** if you ask me.

This is why I'm going with the best.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

HKE has my ls2 454 right now and they had the short block together in less than 2 weeks. Just waiting on heads from TSP.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the quick reply guys.

So any replies out there from members that have received there engines. How long did it take from confirmed order/deoposit paid until delivery?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For my built 408 it took about 1 month or so maybe a little more. But not too crazy.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Banned

HKE The best engine builder.
TheMack65 Pm me if you don't get ahold of him ill get you A quote on the motor from him.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

I honestly can't remember how long it took (was by far less than others I have had built), but the communication was outstanding, as well as the product.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

From the time they got my engine to the time i got it back was about 8-10 weeks but that was only cause they were waiting on the crank that i needed .They also took on a friend of mine 8 weeks and 2 days . Did we mind the wait NO . Why cause imo they are the best out there . If i had to do it again would i use them and wait another 8-10 weeks for them to build it hell yeah i would. Guys over there are top notch and you will get what you pay for. I couldnt be happier with the out come. Hell man they came with in 2 hp and 5 lbs of torque of what i told i wanted out of it.

Last edited by BigE_LS1; 08-20-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

My 470 roughly took 8 months from Erik. Email is the best medium to communicate with him if you are not local. Great guy, and very honest. Many regard him as one of, if not the best LS builder.

My engine would have been finished sooner if it was an off the shelf build. I also sold my All Pro heads during the build and bought new PI heads. Just getting valves and the custom retainers (weird size) for the PI heads was an effort. Also Wiseco was out of forgings and took about 3 mos for the pistons (after they sent the wrong pistons initially).

The motor was finished in July, and now it's been at Va Speed the past 4 weeks for the Harrop install and tuning on their engine dyno.

Last edited by Stage7; 08-20-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my 403 SB on June 16th IIRC and got it the 1st week in August. The holdup was finding a Callies Compstar 58x reluctor crank... Great email communication with Erick.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Erik is in very high demand just like most good engine builders.When you add high demand together with quality(because it takes alot longer to put together an engine correctly)you end up with a longer wait.This is just the nature of a quality custom built engine over a slapped together shelf engine.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

about 2.5 months for mine
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys I think I have my answer here, but I just want a couple things verified real quick. All these times that you guys are giving me, they are your actual wait times right? Not actual "assembly" time but time frame from "order placed" to "engine built". I just want to make sure because my waiting period is blowing all you guys right out of the water.

Excitement has given way to eagerness which has given way to impatience which is slowly giving way to irritation.

thanks for your time,
Old 08-20-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys I think I have my answer here, but I just want a couple things verified real quick. All these times that you guys are giving me, they are your actual wait times right? Not actual "assembly" time but time frame from "order placed" to "engine built". I just want to make sure because my waiting period is blowing all you guys right out of the water.

Excitement has given way to eagerness which has given way to impatience which is slowly giving way to irritation.

thanks for your time,
What exactly are you having built?

The time I stated was from the time he received my ERL superdeck block and I overnighted a money order for 50% deposit. To his credit he wouldn't take more money from me (even though I was trying to give him more) until he was actually at a place in the build that would warrant another deposit. He told me up front he wouldn't give me a promise date, again to his credit. He is not the fastest and doesn't claim to be. But he is straight up, will not oversell or overcharge you, and you can sleep at night knowing you have a master building your motor.

Im not going to lie and say I wasn't anxious during the build though. Lol
Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i had to go so deep into my mailbox to see where i actually ordered it from Erik..

My ls2 402 took like 1.5 mo, and that was with waiting on my end (waiting for the cam from flowtech, then at the last minute I realized I hadnt had them do the oil pump, which they mustve installed while it was crated cause it added 1 day to the shipping time). All the stuff was really off the shelf, more or less, and it only had to hop over NM to get here. They sourced all the parts; I just called/emailed him enough to get everything situated and sent my money.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm less then a month away from a full year since my first deposit. I forgot to mention paranoia has been an issue for the past 6 months. The engine as far as I can tell is very antidramatic and simple. There is nothing extreme about my build.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Wow, there's gotta be more to that story...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm less then a month away from a full year since my first deposit. I forgot to mention paranoia has been an issue for the past 6 months. The engine as far as I can tell is very antidramatic and simple. There is nothing extreme about my build.
Are you dealing with Erik directly or a reseller?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is a third party.

No there really isn't anything more to that story. I've written down the conclusion of every conversation since last december. Since January the idea was the engine could get started on as quickly as 2 weeks. Last conversation was about 3 weeks ago, and the conclusion was the engine is next in line. Also heard the "next in line" story as far back as April. I've been very patient understanding and willing to compromise. I usually brush it off and regard it as you wait for a job well done.

Now that I'm approaching the 1 year mark I'm ready to stop with the patience and start pushing for my product. I've heard alot of horror stories about people getting fucked and I would rather not join that group of people.

The thing thats really been top notch is the third parties willingness to help where he can and customer service. It really is top notch and I haven't seen this level of customer service anywhere else. But enough is enough, politeness can only go so far, this is getting rediculous.

Last edited by Bouvs; 08-20-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I suggest you pm or email Erik directly and get the exact story from him... Best of luck.

Quick Reply: HKE Engines