Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

broken Eagle crankshaft......pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Join the band wagon, NOT!, Wasnt there a callies crank that broke on a aussie car thread not to long ago? It was a blower set up I belive. **** breaks get over it. Hell if nothin ever broke then some of us would be out of busniess lol!
Yes their was a car in the west-but the real story as was typed in that thread by the engine builder himself from memory was that he was warned about it due to the belts or the blower placement- something along those lines or the added weight on the front nose-

Like many have said its one of those things on the blower deals that get pushed-

anything mis-treated or getting used for the wrong job will break no matter how good or how much it cost-

I hate it when the story goes off track-

Now a good engine builder will not use something that needs a ton of work

it cost the customer and himself twice the time and money hence why they go to a good product out of the box that needs as little work as possible--
Old 09-15-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Did the busted Eagle crank also take out (destroy) the block or other engine parts?

I assume there are many reasons why a crank might fail including the composition of the metal forging and the way it may have been heat treated.

Aren't the GM factory cranks cast not forged and don't they run all day at 800 or so HP?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seen many cracked and broken stock LS1 cranks. Have many in stock too. If you give me 50.00 each for them I can retire and drive a Bentley convertible complete with at least two strippers.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And throw in another $50 for every broken aftermarket crank and I will have two Bentleys and four strippers lol.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

How many factory cast cranks are busted on a regular basis? What does that tell you about aftermarket parts?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
How many factory cast cranks are busted on a regular basis? What does that tell you about aftermarket parts?
Honestly the LS world is so huge, what you actually read about is a small percentage of what is out there being done/broken/pushed. How many stock cranks are not broken? How many stock cranks are out there as opposed to aftermarket?

The problem is, people search for stuff like this to see if their stock crank is good for 400 WHP and see this and think it will break because of people jumping to conclusions. For those people I give them this....

Quick Reply: broken Eagle crankshaft......pics