Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Head gasket intake manifold gasket? Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head gasket intake manifold gasket? Help

I am doing this from my phone at the court house here in Houston so I hope it works n posts
I have a 98 camaro ss with only 81k I have heads cam fast intake n tb n tuned well when I turn it on I see sone smoke come out the breather by the oil filler n the hose that runs from the valve cover to the tb when I took the breather off inside u can see the oil kinda ugly I color like a milky type I asked a friend n he said It's either the head gasket or intake manifold gasket but only sure once we take it all apart. The other issue vie had is that the I always have low cola t where does it go I donno lol I changed the cap on the radiator n check the pressure it wAs all good so it kept doing that still said low cola t so I changed out the theromosate n still low. I saw that it comes out the reservoir when it heats up. So now for all u experts out there. What the he'll do I do now ?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most likely not the intake manifold because there isnt any coolant that flows through it like older engines. drain the oil and make sure it is in fact milky reason being is head gaskets rarely leak water INTO the oil. not saying its impossible but its not common
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Thanks will do. Why does it smoke from there? I also wonder if the oil being that color has anything to do with Lucas oil additive ?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Thanks will do. Why does it smoke from there? I also wonder if the oil being that color has anything to do with Lucas oil additive ?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I doubt the lucas additive would do that since its oil based and isnt milky to start with. You you replaced the cap and its still ubbling out of the tank and u have disappearing coolant? That really sounds like a head gasket because the air leaking in from the bad gasket will over pressurize the system causing it to bubble out of the over flow a common cause is just a bad cap but since you said the cap was replaced that only leaves the heads.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Damm heads lol well back to extra jobs to pay for this...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

well i am start the tear down of my camaro.. i hope now with all this she will run better and feel better lol...

Quick Reply: Head gasket intake manifold gasket? Help