Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help with L76 with LS3 cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with L76 with LS3 cam

I got a g8 gt, put a LS3 cam in and removed the DOD crap. The only other mods I have is a Volant CAI, and slp loud mouth axle backs. Ran the car before having it tuned for about 2 weeks and noticed the problem, i had it tuned hoping the problem would clear, no help. The problem, when running WOT at 4300 RPM in first and second the car breaks up. feels like either the torque converter is locking up and un locking rapidly. after 4700 its fine and pulls REALLY hard. I hooked it up to a tech II at work, and it picked up nothing. i unhooked the MAF no help, then the MAP, no help. even went as far as putting the factory filter box, no help. I am not sure if it is the Valve springs but the cams are not that much different that i should need them. Anyone with help speak up
Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pilotchuck
I got a g8 gt, put a LS3 cam in and removed the DOD crap. The only other mods I have is a Volant CAI, and slp loud mouth axle backs. Ran the car before having it tuned for about 2 weeks and noticed the problem, i had it tuned hoping the problem would clear, no help. The problem, when running WOT at 4300 RPM in first and second the car breaks up. feels like either the torque converter is locking up and un locking rapidly. after 4700 its fine and pulls REALLY hard. I hooked it up to a tech II at work, and it picked up nothing. i unhooked the MAF no help, then the MAP, no help. even went as far as putting the factory filter box, no help. I am not sure if it is the Valve springs but the cams are not that much different that i should need them. Anyone with help speak up
What lift is the cam? Best to get your tuner to log it and find out if there is any loggable ECM parameter that might point to the problem.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi pilotchuck

I know this is an old post, but I wondered what the problem with your LS3 cam turned out to be? I am considering doing the same thing with my L76 motor but I am worried if the valve springs are up to it. What fixed the problem? Thanks

Quick Reply: Need help with L76 with LS3 cam