Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anyone have a issue with Wiseco Pistons kits coming with the wrong Pistons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010 | 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Anyone have a issue with Wiseco Pistons kits coming with the wrong Pistons?

Well I ordered a Piston Kit from Wiseco. Got it in today. On one side of the box it have the part number Wise462X185... But on the other side of the box it has the part number 462X125..... Well at this point im really confused....

Well I open the box and look at the Great Looking pistons....But upon taking one out the plastic... It reads on the Piston 6462X125.....Well this is not going to be the right Pistons

Well I look at the rings that came with the kit just to see if i was losing my mind. Well the rings are for a 4.185 Piston...

I also checked the size of the pistons(with a digital caliper) came out to be 4.110 or 4.120 shore not what I ordered.....

Has anyone had a issue with a piston kit like this?
I will be calling the Shop I got the kit from tomorrow and shipping it back...
Old 10-22-2010 | 03:13 AM
TECH Resident
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1fastxz
Well I ordered a Piston Kit from Wiseco. Got it in today. On one side of the box it have the part number Wise462X185... But on the other side of the box it has the part number 462X125..... Well at this point im really confused....

Well I open the box and look at the Great Looking pistons....But upon taking one out the plastic... It reads on the Piston 6462X125.....Well this is not going to be the right Pistons

Well I look at the rings that came with the kit just to see if i was losing my mind. Well the rings are for a 4.185 Piston...

I also checked the size of the pistons(with a digital caliper) came out to be 4.110 or 4.120 shore not what I ordered.....

Has anyone had a issue with a piston kit like this?
I will be calling the Shop I got the kit from tomorrow and shipping it back...
It can happen. Had a set of Mahle once that were 0.005" too big. They didnt believe it at first.......then they went and checked that they made a batch that the operator got mixed up on. Wonder how many incorrect sized pistons they do in the millions they make for OEM's.
Old 10-22-2010 | 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

You may want to contact Wiseco direct, they can probably help you faster!

Kurt
Old 10-22-2010 | 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 427
You may want to contact Wiseco direct, they can probably help you faster!

Kurt
Well called Wiseco today. They said Id have to send it back to the shop I got it from... So I sent it back to Speed Ink. Hope they can get the right part coming my way soon.. The rest of my parts will be here Monday or Tuesday

Hope this doesn't hold me up to long...

Quick Reply: Anyone have a issue with Wiseco Pistons kits coming with the wrong Pistons?