Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

GMPP LS3/L92 Hand Porting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010 | 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

well if his tune was crap, he is adding more to his motor, and if added radials i would think 7 tenths might be possible. radials do alot,, and with that power id think he spun alot on street tires. take off a couple tenths there a couple more for more power n tune. you never know, dont be so quick to judge...

Edit: i guess he chimed in and said the same thing basically
Old 12-15-2010 | 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jg_98ghost
well if his tune was crap, he is adding more to his motor, and if added radials i would think 7 tenths might be possible. radials do alot,, and with that power id think he spun alot on street tires. take off a couple tenths there a couple more for more power n tune. you never know, dont be so quick to judge...

Much obliged
Old 12-15-2010 | 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

The only thing I hate about G8's is that it is nearly impossible to get rubber underneath them. I'm at a 275 with +45mm offset. I could go 285, but keep in mind this is the car that I drive to school and back everyday, and every now and then I pack five people in and 200 pounds in the trunk. With that wide a tire, or wider, I'd have to roll the fenders.... And to me that's a no no.
Old 12-15-2010 | 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jg_98ghost

I have been drag racing since 1962 and have held couple of NHRA national records..gone as fast as 6.05@216 .. you sound like you have no concept of how much time 7 tenths is ... 50 HP is not going to do it that is a fact .. I still do not think that some better tires and 50 HP is going to knock off 7 tenths .... but the internet is just like tv and the phuchin movies ... anything is possible ... .. yeah right sure thing ... sign me up for one of those monster tunes ... tires are usually good for 2 maybe 3 tenths ... and 50 more ponies will not get you 4 tenths... the only place that happens is on phantasy phuchin island dragway...nuff said happy holidays island dwellers ..
Old 12-15-2010 | 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for ruining my hope. I pride myself in being a good driver, and a prominent tuner. A simple "Good Luck" from your end would've been more than adequate. Instead of making yourself look so High and Mighty, and if you've been drag racing for so long, why not be joyful for the Holidays and share some of your insight and a few tips and tricks to aide me in my quest of busting a 10 with a street car?
Old 12-16-2010 | 12:26 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Youre 18. Having your bubble burst builds character
Old 12-16-2010 | 12:34 AM
Launching!

smoothing intake runners is a waste of time on a build like this and on most builds in general. there is nothing to be gained from smoothing a rough intake runner. the considerable gains without increasing runner size are had in the bowl and short turn areas.
Old 12-16-2010 | 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
Thanks for ruining my hope. I pride myself in being a good driver, and a prominent tuner. A simple "Good Luck" from your end would've been more than adequate. Instead of making yourself look so High and Mighty, and if you've been drag racing for so long, why not be joyful for the Holidays and share some of your insight and a few tips and tricks to aide me in my quest of busting a 10 with a street car?
Dude lighten up it is all said in jest ...... but in reality you are not going to pick up 7 tenths with drag radials and 50 HP ... you will need more than good luck and holiday cheer to be a 10 sec car ... I am not trying to be as you put it high and mighty ... I gave you some insight on what you can expect in a ET reduction with the improvements you mentioned ... sorry you did not like the information ... when you get on here and make a rediculous statement people will call you on it in a hart beat....usually they will flame your azz and not make light of it as I did in this case ... back to the real world now....7 tenths is a long long time in the quarter mile...don't get all butt hurt by hearing the truth ... if you were a good boy this year maybe Santa will bring you a few tenths for xmas...
Old 12-16-2010 | 11:27 AM
On The Tree

GL OP. Sounds like a great build. Best wishes buddy.
Old 12-16-2010 | 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Look.... the way I look at it, for 7 tenths it was not a ridiculous remark. With over 540rwhp on a 3900 pound car with a 51/49 weight distribution and running a 275 tire I smoked first, second, and smacked third for wheelspin yet again (Because I goofed and had all my shift times set to 0.105) It was not a good tune. The people who did one with a near identical set up (before my heads and cam) ran an 11.3XX with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Mine should've been right there with that. Now, realistically with 50 more RWHP and a proper trans and engine tune and drag radials, I should be well on my way to a high ten second. Is that still arguable? Someone called it right though. I am only 18, young, dumb and full of ***, but I seriously think that a made a statement that is very much honest and attainable. So when everything comes together I will post drag times and all that good stuff. For those of you who are rooting for me thank you for your support, and to everyone on this thread so far that gave me pointers on the heads I thank everyone for their advice.
Old 12-16-2010 | 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 383vert
GL OP. Sounds like a great build. Best wishes buddy.
Feel free to post the -----> sign, but what does the "GL OP" mean? I haven't ever seen that before.
Old 12-16-2010 | 11:10 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Good Luck Original Poster
Old 12-16-2010 | 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 12-17-2010 | 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

I want to drink some of the koolaid or whatever it is that your drinking mr young, dumb, and full of .. post up your time slips ... happy holidays ..

PS You have no idea how much time 7 tenths is in the quarter ... especially in a car that weighs that much .... the only place that a ten sec ET is happening with that heavy azz car is phantasy island dragway...good luck dude hope you prove me wrong.

Just a FYI for ya a stock ZR1 Corvettes weigh in 700 pounds less than you and makes 100 HP more than you do and runs 11.30 @ 131... with a outstanding driver they have made it into the high tens....weight is a ET killer.

Last edited by slt200mph; 12-17-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2010 | 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slt200mph
I want to drink some of the koolaid or whatever it is that your drinking mr young, dumb, and full of .. post up your time slips ... happy holidays ..

PS You have no idea how much time 7 tenths is in the quarter ... especially in a car that weighs that much .... the only place that a ten sec ET is happening with that heavy azz car is phantasy island dragway...good luck dude hope you prove me wrong.

Just a FYI for ya a stock ZR1 Corvettes weigh in 700 pounds less than you and makes 100 HP more than you do and runs 11.30 @ 131... with a outstanding driver they have made it into the high tens....weight is a ET killer.
Huh? stock ZR1 Corvette does not make 700 RWHP! Stock ZR1 Corvette makes 638 horsepower at the CRANK not the rear wheels. TR60/60 Trans loses roughly 14-16% after figuring in total clutch slippage which would =543 RWHP. I MAKE MORE POWER THAN A STOCK ZR1 hands down as my dyno numbers after tuning are 601/588. Yes the ZR1 weighs less. Yes I know weight is a major killer. AND YES 7 TENTHS IS ALOT OF TIME. Now what I don't understand is why you are wasting your own time calling me out and something you mame as completely absurd. I don't even understand why I'm wasting my time writing back. So this is the last I will argue with you about your own nonsesnse that comes spewing from your fingertips, because people like you are the kinds of people who make skinny kids become obese from overeating to help cope with their own morbid depression and their own ruined Self Confidence. Good day.
Old 12-17-2010 | 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude there is no whinning and crying on LS1tech. Geeeze sounds like you need to see your shrink. Dyno numbers are not revelent .. cut the bullshit and post the time slip.
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

op doesn't like to have his reality bubble burst.

the best thing you can ever get from well informed people is a dissenting opinion - because you can actually learn when people disagree with you - op you should LISTEN instead of just crying that he's telling you it's not going to happen.
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Old 12-17-2010 | 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tongboy
op doesn't like to have his reality bubble burst.

the best thing you can ever get from well informed people is a dissenting opinion - because you can actually learn when people disagree with you - op you should LISTEN instead of just crying that he's telling you it's not going to happen.
I can actually believe you're right about this, but still I think to the more positive side of which I would like to accomplish. I've seen Camaro's pull 10's here at our track with ease and one that I personally tuned ran a 10.84 at 137! How freaking hard can it be when I'm virtually the same weight and 17 less WHP?
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

And if I had a time slip to post I would post it.

Quick Reply: GMPP LS3/L92 Hand Porting.