Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

GMPP LS3/L92 Hand Porting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010 | 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
I can actually believe you're right about this, but still I think to the more positive side of which I would like to accomplish. I've seen Camaro's pull 10's here at our track with ease and one that I personally tuned ran a 10.84 at 137! How freaking hard can it be when I'm virtually the same weight and 17 less WHP?
as someone that spends enough time at the dragstrip you should know that power is only part of the equation - the faster you want to the smaller % of the total equation it becomes. you're talking about cars as if all of these just rolled off the showroom floor and had horsepower added to them.

you should know that if you want to go really fast you have to pick and tune and adjust and carefully select the perfect parts for each piece of the total puzzle of a car - every car is different and everyone is going to set theirs up in different ways.

with that said you take a camaro making the same power as a goat and the camaro is probably going to go down the 1320 faster - the rearend is better setup for it from the factory and other things that add up - but you should already know that - piece for piece goats don't go down the strip as fast as f-bodies do.

i'm no where near someone who has a lot of experience on the subject but I do know enough to know when I don't know as much as someone else and I'll shutup and listen to them instead of trying to prove how cool I am with what I know.
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Agreed, and then not agreed. I'm not trying to prove how cool I am, for say to anyone, If I knew that all this was going to come about, I wouldn't have posted jack **** about it, but know what? I am damn proud of my car and everything I've done to it. And I set high expectations for it, mainly because I love it so much and I don't take kindly to anyone putting it or my own abilities down, save face to ruin my aspirations, even if I don't get there with this setup, I will continue to tweak and tune until I bust a ten with it. And that is all I've been trying to get across for the better part of this stupid thread.

Quick Reply: GMPP LS3/L92 Hand Porting.