Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

C5 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Scorch,
You might want to consider going to a 3" custom system like I did. It was pretty easy to do and not very expensive. I used 3" Powerstick chambered mufflers in the center tunnel and we fabricated the rear section out of 3" mandrel bent elbows and 3" tubing I got from Summit and 4x3" resonator stainless exhaust tips I picked up at AutoZone for $28 each.

Track video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s__d0...eature=channel

Pics here:http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/sounds.html

Scroll down the page and you'll see my blue Z on a lift with a few pics of the system as installed.
I see no reason why you shouldn't get to 575rwhp once you open up the exhaust.
BTW, thanks for posting up your cam specs, mine is somewhat close to yours, but somewhat less lift on the intake: 248/254*, .615/.648", 112+2 on Comp XE-R lobes.
Again, awesome build!

Jimbo
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LG 3" exhaust is very reasonable noise & resonance wise, I prefer the stealth mode. It is also a PIA to install.

They do show some back to back dyno runs to give you an idea of power gains.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

so here's the preliminary damage
(back-drop story) was shifting around 7k from 2nd to 3rd and the diff gave up this is a common occurrence as the rear end is the weakest link in the drivetrain once you begin to make power. now we didn't want to chance it again just replacing the diff nor drop any coin on a platform that is outdated as most of these issues have been taken care of with the new C6 z06 platform. Now in order to complete this swap we got a fully equipped c6 z06 rear subframe and drivetrain. We also got a set of offset pfadt tranny mounts to compensate for the tranny length vs torque tube.. Now i dont feel like typing up all the differences and of the differentials benefits so i will borrow a good pic so that you can see the difference in the case itself

left side is the c6 z06 diff, right side c5 diff you can note the physical size and casing (ribbing) diff. and the mounting points.

here is a very informative post with a similar rear end build up as mine(hope blown doesnt mind)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...ous-power.html

couple of pics of the goods, i will have some better pics of the carnage and upgrades later.

you can see the case is broke on the right-hand side

tranny and diff

c6 z06 rear subframe

pfadt!!!!!!! pfadt offset tranny mounts and motor mounts

more updates to come :dance:
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Launching!

Does that billet throttle body use the same plug as the Gen 4 throttles?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Were bout to wrap up a bit of mods we have done and will be ready to rock and roll (weather pending)

The drivetrain is all back in and we routed the tranny cooler lines accordingly with cooler in the rear this time

Mounts in!

Also took the liberty to get some nano billet brackets fabbed up!!!!! Shout out to Joel!

And added the new rims which look sick!!! But I will wait till were all done and get the car cleaned up to take some nice pics.
got polished ccw wheels and they were in pretty bad condition. took em apart and prepared them for the next step.

first part done

i was just going to do black centers with polished lip, but decided to challenge myself and be different!

well went a diff. route gonna see how it looks sneak peek!

I will post pics of the cbi custom exhaust this weekend once its all wrapped up!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

New bumper on!

RPS BC3 to hold on to the bigger shot....

New Triple plate mmmmm Yummy!

sounds good...

Qa1 coil overs

dew wurk wheels

Quick Reply: C5 build thread