Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LSX Tall Deck Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX Tall Deck Questions

My first question that i have is, will my super vic. jr. intake (28059) fit on a tall deck lsx? if this is a dumb question then correct me if im wrong but the reason i ask is because wouldn't the heads on a tall deck be further apart than on a stnd. deck? My other question is that i have heard in a 4th gen f-body that on a tall deck you would have to cut the cowl out and part of the actual windshield itself. the cowl is already cut out of my car so theres no problem with that, but i dont want to cut the windshield. The White T/A on the cover of GMHT is an example of what i dont want to do, but if it has to be done then i guess i have to. any help would be awsome, thnx.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just finished putting a tall deck RHS based engine in a Z06. Comp Cams makes spacers for the intake manifold, because the heads are about an inch wider than stock. In our car, we used a 102 fast manifold, which was also taller than a stock LS7 manifold. The cowl had to be cut slightly to clearance the top and the rear of the manifold. I don't know f bodies, but just to let you know the dimensions do change a bit.
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (09-18-2023)

Quick Reply: LSX Tall Deck Questions