Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

All alum. LH8 Cam question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
cgo
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All alum. LH8 Cam question

May have been asked before, but I couldn't find much after searching.

I found a decent deal on an all alum. 5.3 LH8 out of a 2008 Hummer H3. Looks like factory 799/243 heads. has about 1000 miles on it! I'm going to add an LS2 intake.

I'd like to install the GMPP HOT CAM. Will the springs, push rods, rockers, and lifters need to be upgraded? Not sure what the stock springs and other components are rated for. With this low mileage, I think the lifters would be fine.

With this combo any ideas on HP with this combo?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgo
May have been asked before, but I couldn't find much after searching.

I found a decent deal on an all alum. 5.3 LH8 out of a 2008 Hummer H3. Looks like factory 799/243 heads. has about 1000 miles on it! I'm going to add an LS2 intake.

I'd like to install the GMPP HOT CAM. Will the springs, push rods, rockers, and lifters need to be upgraded? Not sure what the stock springs and other components are rated for. With this low mileage, I think the lifters would be fine.

With this combo any ideas on HP with this combo?

Thanks!
I cant give you much input on the hotcam other than there are better choices out there. I can tell you that porting the LS2 intake before the install is super easy only takes an hour or so and can help seriously wake it up.

Quick Reply: All alum. LH8 Cam question