Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

the best heads for a 440

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, all these replies have interesting arguments, i already got the ls7 heads ported and proved which results says flowing 415 cfm int, i'll be using a solid cam not street use. both sides of the coin seem to be correct, in my own case i decided to try these ls7's.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bugy
well, all these replies have interesting arguments, i already got the ls7 heads ported and proved which results says flowing 415 cfm int, i'll be using a solid cam not street use. both sides of the coin seem to be correct, in my own case i decided to try these ls7's.
I think you will happy with your choice.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
How did you get 11.7:1 compression in a 4v?

I have built a couple of 4.6 That's the major problem with 4v is their lack of compression and compression options. 10:1 with flat tops? And who makes a domed pistons..

And yeah 430rwhp NA is not impressive
Bwahahaha...you're a damn expert on this subject but can't figure out how bump the compression on a modular motor. It's called custom pistons you dolt, and a different gasket. Not everyone uses a shelf piston, which apparently you've never dealt with anything other than. I completely forgot about your moronic previous posts so there's no point to address this any further.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can mill the heads all you want If you don't make up the difference with the head gasket your a fool. Let's see your custom piston pics? Or the build sheet on them? Let's seem some dyno graphs or pictures of your 430rwhp mod motor. Maybe some specs?

Judging by the fact that your milling heads to increase compression on mod motors is going to make me call bullshit, that you put together one to make 430rwhp
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
You can mill the heads all you want If you don't make up the difference with the head gasket your a fool. Let's see your custom piston pics? Or the build sheet on them? Let's seem some dyno graphs or pictures of your 430rwhp mod motor. Maybe some specs?

Judging by the fact that your milling heads to increase compression on mod motors is going to make me call bullshit, that you put together one to make 430rwhp
So now you're a moron without any reading comprehension. Not once did I say I milled the heads. The thicker gasket was to achieve proper quench since the pistons were domed, out of the hole a bit, and I was dealing with a 4 valve. I don't have the slightest clue what the specs are on the pistons as it's been almost a decade since Diamond made them for me and 7 years since I sold the car. But hey, since you know so much, you can give Pro-Line a call and tell them it didn't happen. In fact, you can tell Doug yourself that he's a moron and you can't make that much power on a 4 valve N/A. Please, enlighten those of us who live here in the real world what massive, untold wisdom you have that the rest of us don't. You honestly have never built a motor as we can all tel.? I'll just end this argument stating you're as useless as **** on a boar hog and I pity anyone who may take your advice.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread has gone waaaay off topic. Why don't u guys quit calling each other names and give the op his thread back
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
This thread has gone waaaay off topic. Why don't u guys quit calling each other names and give the op his thread back
lol, you're right!

Quick Reply: the best heads for a 440