Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Tick Performance Rectangle Port cams are here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tick Performance Rectangle Port cams are here!

Enjoy!

I do have dyno graphs for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Street Heat and will be posting those shortly. I've got some Polluter cams going in as we speak so I'll have results for it soon also! A few of the turbo cams have sold also and I'll have data on them soon for those that are interested.

Street Heat Stage 1:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...3-l99-engines/

Street Heat Stage 2:

Street Heat Stage 3 POLLUTER:

Nitrou$:

These are more slated for a positive displacement blower engine. I have other cams specifically for LS3/LS7 style heads with centrifugals:

Stage 1 blower:

Stage 2 blower:

Even those these say "LS3 turbo cams" I use them in everything from cathedral port to rectangle port heads. It's usually best to just contact me and let me guide you to the best profile for your combination.

Stage 1 turbo:

Stage 2 turbo:

Stage 3 turbo:

Emissions Friendly:

For those that have a unique combination of parts that truly need a custom grind there is always that. I've tried to cover as many combinations as possible to where an Elite Series cam will fit into just about everyone's needs, but there are always some that will need a custom cam.

Custom:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...l-lsx-engines/

For those guys with VVT and AFM here are our delete packages:

VVT Delete:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...or-ls-engines/

AFM delete:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...or-ls-engines/
Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice martin! good luck
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Stage 1 dyno graph:

Stage 1 idle clip:

This car only had 1x7/8" headers, ORX, Corsa exhaust and a Vararam intake. Everything else was stone stock down to the torque converter. It drove surprisingly well with the stock torque converter as well! These 6L80E transmissions eat up a TON of power also as they have two separate planetaries and have a ton of moving parts. With a 6 speed I'd expect it to clear 455-460rwhp cam-only all day long.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Stage 2 dyno graph STD:

SAE:

This car was a good one, we had Advanced Induction do their "budget port work" which involves leaving the intake runner 100% completely untouched and the way it left the factory. They CNC port the exhaust runner to help out the exhaust flow, do a valve job on intake and exhaust and CNC the combustion chamber. They do blend the valve job from the bowl and seat areas into the throat of the intake runner, but the entire runner itself stays "as cast" factory.

This car had 10.9:1 compression from the factory 10.78:1 and was topped with an un-ported Fast 102 with the stock LS3 90mm throttle body. The exhaust is really holding this combination back from its full potential though. It has 1x3/4" Kooks headers with 3"x2 1/2" cats that attach to the collectors so the collector is 3", but the outlet is basically 2x1/2" choking it down. From there the high flo cats connect to the 100% factory 2x1/2" H-pipe, into the factory 2x1/2" resonators and into a 2x1/2" GMPP axle-back exhaust. This combination could VERY EASILY pick up at least 15rwhp with 3" X-pipe, getting rid of the resonators and a 3" cat-back and that is with cats still! If you did a ORX without resonators(they wouldn't fit the 3" anyways) and a 3" cat-back the numbers would be easily 20rwhp higher if not more! Not to mention 1x7/8" headers!!!!

Needless to say, the Stage 2 cam is a beast...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Stage 1.5? 231/237 .61x/.62x 114 +2 or +3? I only want 5 or 6 degrees of overlap max. Would that cam fit in a stock shortblock LS3 without flycutting?

Here's my ported LS3 intake only dyno pull from today. Stock LS3 air cleaner. Stock GM tune. Stock exhaust manifolds and stock exhaust through the mufflers. UMS wasn't who ported my intake. I just used them to dyno my car before and after. They are actually an Evo shop. I put a Callaway Honker right after that pull and did 413rwhp. I'm installing catless Pfadt headers on Tuesday along with a factory Z06 axleback. So hopefully I can be in the 430's-440's on a stock cam LS3.

Last edited by TurboAv; 02-01-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Martin.. How about a cam selection for my combo?

I have the +12cc pistons with stock l92 heads.

Installed currently is: http://texas-speed.com/p-79-texas-sp...-camshaft.aspx

You have something that you would recommend more for my setup and goals, you have a rough idea of my goals/etc..

Motor is still on the stand but I 100% planned on getting it in the car by next weekend (K member will be here on wednesday and that is all I planned on buying for now). However, if it is going to be worth the hassle of selling this cam and swapping I will consider it.

I was looking at that nitrous one but not sure on fitment... Or if I would want it as I still want the car perform up to standards on and off the bottle. 200+ shot is in the future though of course, built the block for a 300.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get the 111lsa with that TSP cam? Is that an LSK intake lobe?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboAv
Did you get the 111lsa with that TSP cam? Is that an LSK intake lobe?
It is on a 111.. Not sure on lobes.... Proprietary?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
It is on a 111.. Proprietary lobes.
I would be worried about valvetrain stability if you plan to spin it past 7k with that TSP cam. That cam will probably go through valve springs every 10k miles if its a street driven car.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would be worried about valvetrain stability if you plan to spin it past 7k with that TSP cam. That cam will probably go through valve springs every 10k miles if its a street driven car.
I don't plan on spinning past 7K.. From the setups I have seen, I don't see it pulling that high with this initial combination.

It is a street driven car but is a weekend car.. Weekend warrior that sees a good but of track time/racing.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't plan on spinning past 7K.. From the setups I have seen, I don't see it pulling that high with this initial combination.

It is a street driven car but is a weekend car.. Weekend warrior that sees a good but of track time/racing.
I would try the TSP first. It's already paid for. The TSP cam has 11.5 degrees of overlap and the Tick Street Heat Stage 2 has 10.5 degrees of overlap. Unless you are thinking of doing the Polluter which has 15.5 degrees of overlap.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would try the TSP first. It's already paid for. The TSP cam has 11.5 degrees of overlap and the Tick Street Heat Stage 2 has 10.5 degrees of overlap. Unless you are thinking of doing the Polluter which has 15.5 degrees of overlap.
If anything, I would want to with less over lap I think.

I'm going to go ahead an run it.. I'm too close now to wait for this one to sell then buy one of these.

I'll change it when I port the heads in a few months.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

If anything, I would want to with less over lap I think.

I'm going to go ahead an run it.. I'm too close now to wait for this one to sell then buy one of these.

I'll change it when I port the heads in a few months.
I'm with you on the overlap deal. I want to keep it around 4 to 6 degrees max. There are many LS3 guys making 480-500rwhp(or more with higher than stock compression) with 230's duration cams that have minimal overlap using the rectangle port heads. The other myth seems to be big splits with the rectangle port stuff. One of the guys over on Corvette forum with an LS3 C6 runs a 236/236 and traps 133mph. How's that for flying in the face of conventional wisdom of 10-15 degree splits?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Martin, how would stage 2 cam that you posted do in a 408 with a ls3 top end and 11:1 compression?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

How about a Stage 1.5? 231/237 .61x/.62x 114 +2 or +3? I only want 5 or 6 degrees of overlap max. Would that cam fit in a stock shortblock LS3 without flycutting?

Here's my ported LS3 intake only dyno pull from today. Stock LS3 air cleaner. Stock GM tune. Stock exhaust manifolds and stock exhaust through the mufflers. UMS wasn't who ported my intake. I just used them to dyno my car before and after. They are actually an Evo shop. I put a Callaway Honker right after that pull and did 413rwhp. I'm installing catless Pfadt headers on Tuesday along with a factory Z06 axleback. So hopefully I can be in the 430's-440's on a stock cam LS3.

The Stage 1 has 4 degrees of overlap and would be what you're looking for. I could do a custom grind of that cam on a 113lsa with 3 degrees advance if you have to have 6 degrees of overlap though and it would fit just fine in a stock bottom end with stock chamber volume. It would even fit with a slight .006-.012 mill also. With your M6 and it being in a Corvette I can almost guarantee it would make 460rwhp+ with the Stage 1 and drive like a dream with the minimal amount of overlap it has. Even though my cams may have a 10 degree split, the EVO event is no where near as early as a lot of the other rectangle port cams out there.
Martin.. How about a cam selection for my combo?

I have the +12cc pistons with stock l92 heads.

Installed currently is: http://texas-speed.com/p-79-texas-sp...-camshaft.aspx

You have something that you would recommend more for my setup and goals, you have a rough idea of my goals/etc..

Motor is still on the stand but I 100% planned on getting it in the car by next weekend (K member will be here on wednesday and that is all I planned on buying for now). However, if it is going to be worth the hassle of selling this cam and swapping I will consider it.

I was looking at that nitrous one but not sure on fitment... Or if I would want it as I still want the car perform up to standards on and off the bottle. 200+ shot is in the future though of course, built the block for a 300.
Yea, I really don't like LSK lobes. Never have used them and never will. I just don't like running the spring pressures needed to control them as we've had cars eat up rocker arms and valve stem tips with too much spring pressure. Also, contrary to popular belief, a really aggressive lobe versus a semi-aggressive lobe will barely make a difference in power output, but have big gains in spring longevity.

I would go with the Polluter for your build namely because the compression you have. Compression will really help with the drivability of the cam. What happens when you add overlap at cruising rpm's is the engine becomes less efficient and of course issues with surging and bucking can arise. When you add compression your effectively raising the efficiency of the combustion event which in turn will help offset the inefficiency of the added overlap from the camshaft profile.
Originally Posted by lusting4ls1
Hey Martin, how would stage 2 cam that you posted do in a 408 with a ls3 top end and 11:1 compression?
It's too small IMO. That said, the LS3 Polluter would work very well or something custom like this:
287/301@.006"
237/248@.050"
160/164@.200"
114LSA 111ICL 117ECL

237/248 .622"/.595" 114+3

That would be a nice LS3 stroker cam grind that would make boat loads of torque and average power while peaking around 6300-6400rpm and shifting at 6700ish.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work Martin.

One of the guys over on Corvette forum with an LS3 C6 runs a 236/236 and traps 133mph. How's that for flying in the face of conventional wisdom of 10-15 degree splits?
Which headers does he have? I think a combination with a good set of ARH 1 7/8" headers would work with less exhaust duration. However if he had 1 3/4" ebay headers I think the larger split would definitely be better.

A earlier EVO will always make more peak power if everything else stays the same.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Nice work Martin.

Which headers does he have? I think a combination with a good set of ARH 1 7/8" headers would work with less exhaust duration. However if he had 1 3/4" ebay headers I think the larger split would definitely be better.

A earlier EVO will always make more peak power if everything else stays the same.
Not sure. I will be using catless 1 3/4 Pfadt and Z06 axleback.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Launching!

sweet. i haven't forgotten about you martin. finally got my other parts coming and will be placing my order in a couple weeks. can't wait to get you some more results for one of those n/a cams in my LY6
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Very nice numbers, congrats! Looks like a well matched, quality combo!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Nice work Martin.

Thanks Brian! I agree 100% with the EVO comment, I have always seen the same things.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Rectangle Port cams are here!