Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 Heads Dual Valve Spring Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 Heads Dual Valve Spring Help!

Ok, I have a set of LS3 heads that I am installing on my LS2. I have a set of Patriot Gold Dual Valve spring that I was going to install on these heads. I have attached a picture for reference. I thought all these dual springs were a direct drop in for LS1,2,3 etc. If you look at the picture I have the inner spring on a valve seal. If you look at the valve seal closest to you it has a step. The inner spring sits on this step, is this normal? My LS1 valve stem seals don't have this step and the inner spring goes all the way down to the seat. The outer spring fits perfect but the inner doesn't go past that step or lip. Is that ok? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Matt
Attached Thumbnails LS3 Heads Dual Valve Spring Help!-valve-spring.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

That's because you don't use the stock valve seal/seat with duals.You need to get dual spring seats and Vinton seals.You should also always check installed height is correct.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Boy I feel dumb! I installed the duals on my LS1 but that was about 10 years ago, I remembered getting new seals but I thought I just got new seals to replace old ones for piece of mind. The LS2 I bought already had duals installed so I guess I forgot a few things over the past 10 years! Thank you for the reply!

Quick Reply: LS3 Heads Dual Valve Spring Help!