Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

The ULTIMATE Modification List

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ULTIMATE Modification List

Hello Fellow members,

I am looking to buy an LS2 engine and strip it down myself and rebuild it with new parts. Since I am a newbie to this scene I would like your help with which manufacturers/specific parts I should go with for pretty much everything; pistons, rods, journal bearings, valve springs, push rods etc. I would like the engine to be more powerful than stock with what I buy, but I am a student so money will play a factor. Plus if the component(s) you recommend have to be used with another aftermarket part for them to work/ or a process is needed (for example machining the block for a crank with a different stroke)

Thanks
Jack
Old 01-18-2014, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man your best bet is to do some research on here...look at build threads, see what works, what doesn't....you also need to determine your goals for the car, power goals, track or street driven, dd? All things that need to be figured out before you start buying parts....not trying to be a dick or anything but no one is going to spoon feed you exactly what parts you need....

Goals and research are key in figuring out what direction to go with your build...hope this helps
Old 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Teching In

I appreciate your advice, I should of made myself more clear in the opening thread about my goals. 450-500bhp NA, for track and just going crazy on the weekends. I have been doing research (more needed I admit) I would just like to hear about peoples opinions of manufacturers and their components, because I live in the UK anything I get shipped, I want to be right!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

A few threads on Ls2 builds..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...iled-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...p-448rwtq.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...p-448rwtq.html
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Cool! Thanks for the links, I will read them in depth.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

FYI, I am the onwer of the 492/448 GTO which is the subject of that thread. The Goat runs like a beast two years after the build. It is easy to drive on the street and when you hit the peddle you do not have to spin it to 7000 rpms. The low and mid range is outstanding. The key to a successful build is the RIGHT combination of parts, smart selection (big names don't equate to big numbers or reliability) and a quality build (can't get better than Josh/Spartan).
Old 02-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks, sounds like a beast. I am making a list currently of parts for the build. Need to get them right first time (which is doubtful) as shipping costs too much! As you say I will have to spend a lot more time researching that they all work well together!

Quick Reply: The ULTIMATE Modification List