Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 block + LS1 aftermarket 4.250 crank?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowsol95
Yeah his post was hard to read but you obviously understood it. That doesnt give you grounds for a personal attack. Constructive debate is good, lashing out is counterproductive. Displaying your character in such a manner is a terrible way to get help. But please keep believing that sleeved blocks from erl and darton are junk and build that stock sleeve 4.25" crank engine. You are the expert after all. Just please make sure to check back in with how that works out for you.
While you might have interpreted his posts as polite, I did not. And Slick? If I were "An Expert", YTF would I be asking? Think about it. And if I didn't think things change over time, why wouldn't I just look it up?

Since you Know Your Experts, what's the stroke limit on a VW engine?

Hint: It changed over time. People figured new methods. I have no idea. Do you remember when somebody hit 427 inches with an LS1? No way would somebody go bigger.

Apparently nothing new will ever happen to LS# engines, so perhaps the board is obsolete?

Do you remember when they were sleeving LS1's and less than 1/2 of them survived? Apparently Things Change? Or they Don't Change?

Make up your mind.

In any case, the question apparently has been answered permanently. It is physically impossible to exceed 4.1 with a stock block, nor will anybody come up with something clever in the future.

Trivia - How tall are the shortest 4" bore pistons? Answer: About .800" IIRC, from 12 years ago.

Quick Reply: LS3 block + LS1 aftermarket 4.250 crank?