Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roller rocker

0236431 – PQx Platinum Series Alloy Steel Stud Mount Rocker Arms

PRICE: $399.50

0234631- GM LS Series Alloy Steel Rocker Arms

PQx Platinum Series Alloy Steel Stud Mount Rocker Arms - GM LS3/L92 Series 6.0L/6.2L 1997-Present, 1.7 Ratio – 8mm” Stud, Offset Intake, Clear Nitron surface treatment. (Guide Plates Required)

The LS Series OEM Replacement Roller Tip Rocker Arm System was designed to be the first “drop-in” aftermarket system for the GM LS Series cylinder heads. These PRW engineered rocker arms utilize the OEM rocker pedestals to dramatically improve the performance of the standard rocker arms. The LS1/LS2/LS6 designs include 16 neutral profile rocker arms and Grade 12.9 fasteners. The LS3/L92 designs include 8 neutral exhaust rockers, 8 offset intake rockers, and 16 respective 8mm hex fasteners.

The specially engineered rocker arms are investment cast from alloy steel, with precision ground roller bearings, Cr40 roller tips, and high quality steel alloy socket head machine screws. Each rocker body features hand-polished toplines and is tumbled to reduce stress risers. The engine builder may select and utilize high performance valve springs to maximize the effect of virtually any hydraulic camshaft profile.

Benefits/Characteristics
• Hand Polished and stress relieved surface finishing
• Ally Steel Rocker bodies and Precision Ground Bearings
• No additional cylinder head machining or other aftermarket parts required
• Some OEM valve covers may require alteration of breather baffles or aftermarket valve covers.

Has anyone used these? What are your findings?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Here is a glimpse.
Attached Thumbnails Roller rocker-0236431.png  
Old 08-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

I'd spend a little more and get the comp ultra pro magnum chromoly rockers... but they're 1.8 ratio.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Teching In

A 1.8 won't be a good idea with the cam I have. Looks like the Jesel's are the smartest option that I know of.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BFASTNOTLAST

PQx Platinum Series Alloy Steel Stud Mount Rocker Arms - GM LS3/L92 Series 6.0L/6.2L 1997-Present, 1.7 Ratio – 8mm” Stud, Offset Intake, Clear Nitron surface treatment. (Guide Plates Required)

The LS Series OEM Replacement Roller Tip Rocker Arm System was designed to be the first “drop-in” aftermarket system for the GM LS Series cylinder heads. These PRW engineered rocker arms utilize the OEM rocker pedestals to dramatically improve the performance of the standard rocker arms. The LS1/LS2/LS6 designs include 16 neutral profile rocker arms and Grade 12.9 fasteners. The LS3/L92 designs include 8 neutral exhaust rockers, 8 offset intake rockers, and 16 respective 8mm hex fasteners.

The specially engineered rocker arms are investment cast from alloy steel, with precision ground roller bearings, Cr40 roller tips, and high quality steel alloy socket head machine screws. Each rocker body features hand-polished toplines and is tumbled to reduce stress risers. The engine builder may select and utilize high performance valve springs to maximize the effect of virtually any hydraulic camshaft profile.

Benefits/Characteristics
• Some OEM valve covers may require alteration of breather baffles or aftermarket valve covers.

Those are the PRW rockers and I don't know anyone that uses them.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jontall
Those are the PRW rockers and I don't know anyone that uses them.
Yeah, I never heard of them....
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Benefits/Characteristics

I haven't used the LS3 set yet, though I will be soon, but I've had no trouble with the LS1/2 kits. I've only used the stud mount adjustable and the shaft mount.

Don't let the low cost fool you into thinking they are junk.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Benefits/Characteristics

I haven't used the LS3 set yet, though I will be soon, but I've had no trouble with the LS1/2 kits. I've only used the stud mount adjustable and the shaft mount.

Don't let the low cost fool you into thinking they are junk.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if those are the same as the PRW but if they are stay away from them, I bought a set and the rocker arms are ok but the hardware is trash, all of it and they will not take it back, what ever you do don't buy over the internet try to get them from a house that will give you a warranty.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

We have used thousands of the SBC/BBC/SBF/Mopar Billet aluminum rockers without an issue...we have not used these yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to try them.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Comp Cams stud mount adjustable 1.8 rocker with a TFS gridle to tie it all down. 757 Lift solid roller my bill was less than the cost of the shaft- setup.. The gridle is used as the 1 thing that ties all the rocker together..
Shat mounted rocker cheap Class 101.
The cost is the same as the ones listed
Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Teching In

What about the latest Yella Terra? Have they figured a way to improve the durability process yet? Does anyone know if the roller tip is on a roller bearing?

Quick Reply: Roller rocker