Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Aluminum 441 build on corn

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Launch
I'm all for that idea . If you do it, definitely get a 4500 throttle body. A 4150 will be a bit small for your set up.

I shouldn't even be telling people how good it is lol. But i installed a Super Vic intake with 1375cfm 4150 throttle body recently on my cam only 346ci just as an experiment, with no other changes, and the car is much quicker all over than previous ls6 intake/ported tb.

1st gear traction off the hit on the street is now gone.. i now need to peddle it to move out. It feels like i went from my current 4000 converter, to a 5500 if not more or i added 100ft/lbs torque at 4000 rpm, that's how much more potent the super vic/4150tb is over the stock ls6 intake. My car now has more torque WOT off the hit than i ever imagined a stock 241 headed n/a 346ci could. It just dwarfed my 28x14.5 hoosiers.

To be clear, this is with 1 7/8 headers into 3" y-pipe into single 4" open exhaust. I can imagine with a restrictive exhaust the gains might not be the same.

I now need better suspension/ballast to get the car back to how it was. With previous set up, on the street the car would almost dead hook WOT from the hit and i'd never lift. Just mash the throttle and go. Now with the single plane set up it has no chance of doing that on the street. Not a bad thing as i can now work on getting the car to hook better in preparation for my better engine, which the car was going to need anyway. I've spent nothing on suspension so far, other than the rod end offset lca's and panhard. I still have the eibach lowered springs and cheap kyb shocks the car came with, and stock torque arm (just strengthened with steel plate) with bmr relocation.

Your peak power also won't drop off, you will carry it another 800 rpm at least with a single plane. It completely transforms the car, for the better. With the super vic intake i'm shifting at 7800rpm. It wants to go even higher but i decided that's enough, i will give the sbe and stock lifters a chance to survive a while longer so i can do suspension work.

First time you hit the throttle you won't regret doing a single plane swap for a second, other than you will want more traction on the street. It also looks cool imo . Sorry for the long write up , but i read your comment and i got excited for another 4th gen owner to feel how really potent the LS can be (is) ! All these years i was a plastic intake fan also, i'd fallen for the hype, until i thought let me entertain myself, and $1500 later, i'm sold. No more plastic intakes for me ever. The car is a whole new level of fun with this set up. It might not be for everyone. My car is fairly gutted (light), spooled S60 with 3.73's and 4000 converter th400, with open 4" exhaust. It is set up to go quick wide open throttle, and i don't care to spin the engine high.
If a super vic intake is this good on a cheap cammed 346ci, then imagine it on a real engine like your high compression 441ci.
sounds like a pretty rowdy setup, you ran it at the track yet? Sometimes I wish I would have taken my sbe cam only setup a little farther, but I did hit my goal of 6.90’s in the 1/8th with it. I’ll see what this thing does now and then decide from there on changing the intake runners or dive in and swap intakes and tb’s.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BennyB
sounds like a pretty rowdy setup, you ran it at the track yet? Sometimes I wish I would have taken my sbe cam only setup a little farther, but I did hit my goal of 6.90’s in the 1/8th with it. I’ll see what this thing does now and then decide from there on changing the intake runners or dive in and swap intakes and tb’s.
I haven't run this car at the track yet but i want to eventually. So far i've been using my g-tech to get an idea when i change something on the car. I have another better engine on the stand still in progress (ls2 block) and i'm not sure if i will run the car at the track with the current 5.7 cam only set up or when i finish my better engine. First i want to get my 1st gear traction back on the street to being decent how it was before i fitted the supervic/4150tb, before doing anything else with the car. I'm thinking to try a short torque arm like the BMR xtreme, and add some lead ballast weight in the rear bumper area, see how that does before i mess with springs/shocks. I drive it on the street a lot and want it to hook well while trying not ruin the ride/handling and stability too much. Even with bias ply hoosiers on it, it drives so well how it is current. Even wot at high speed even over not so smooth roads it tracks dead straight. I'd hate to make it ride like a pos or move around on the top end. I will probably just have to give in eventually and buy a pair of afco double adjustables for the front and mess with the settings between street/track.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hoping to improve the 60ft and get it into the bottom 6’s 1/8th mile

right lane 1st slip and left lane 2nd slip
The following users liked this post:
hiltsy855 (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice! ~6.30's gets you into the 9's. How's the track at I-29? I heard the road course is rough....
Old 06-27-2022, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hiltsy855
Nice! ~6.30's gets you into the 9's. How's the track at I-29? I heard the road course is rough....
the drag strip is decent, short shutdown is the downfall. The road course is rough, but I think the couple years it flooded and just not maintaining very well after the fact is the cause.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally getting the TRZ anti roll bar installed, lowering the rear end ride height and welding in LCA relocation brackets. I’m going to try my luck at the track again soon, but I have a feeling I’m going to have to go to a different tire. We will see!
The following users liked this post:
Double06 (09-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Aluminum 441 build on corn