Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Turbo LY6 cam options

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo LY6 cam options

Hey there, So I'm planning on a turbo LY6 in a 1977 C10 I'm building. And I've got alot of the components pretty much figured out except a camshaft. I've been told LS6 cam and springs would be good. But I'm wondering if the cam and springs out of an LSA (Cts-v) would be a good option as well considering its boosted from the factory, I know the lift specs arn't as high on the LSA though. Thanks guys!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plenty of folks have had super results with the GM cams. However, unless you are trying to build it on the lowest budget possible, I would not use a GM cam. I would spend another couple hundred bucks and get a better custom cam to maximize your results. Better performance everywhere with no downsides or loss of power or part throttle driveability.

These two guys should be on your short list of considerations. Both of them have the skills and proven results to help you make the best choice for that combo.

Jarret F. aka Stock48 will help you get a great cam for that combo. His results with his 4x4 truck and nova speak volumes.

LJMS Little John Motorsport Solutions also has many very happy(fast) clients on this forum.

Quick Reply: Turbo LY6 cam options