Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help ASAP with Heads *First Cam install*

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help ASAP with Heads *First Cam install*

Ok I am running this cam kit from Hawks third gen
Cam, Sinister 230/236 .591"/.601" 112 LSA Camshaft. I bought new 7.4 push rods, lifters, timing chain, dual springs and changed my oil pan gasket.
I am right in the middle of my first cam install and my friend hears that im looking for heads to go with it. He has Darts 205 heads that he wants to sell for 800 completely assembled. I am really not too sure if this will match my cam and I don't want to assemble all of this and end up wasting more time when his heads are ready to bolt up. I know theres some deal with the perimeter bolts and what not. So my question is... will the dart 205 heads bolt up? and what am i looking at as far as the "extra" parts im going to need. Value covers etc?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Anyone? I'd like to put these on today if I can. Anything at all would be appreciated
Old 01-25-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Three things off hand that I can think of.

1. Do these heads have the same deck as stock heads....meaning.....will they change your pushrod length requirements?

2. What is the combustion chamber size.....will your cam be a match for the compression ratio these heads will give you?

3. These heads have springs installed......what are the specs; our much lift will they handle?

KW
Old 02-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Default murman29

I'm doing the same cam set up as you, except i will be using the stock 853 heads (99-00 heads)... So to match the cam i bought a lunatti .660 dual spring kit that comes with everything to replace the springs, Comp Hardened 7.400 pushrods, Got a set of stock LS1 Rockers with the comp trunion upgrade so no loose needle bearings, FAST 102 intake manifold with GSP 102 MM TB, New fuel rails with 32lb injectors, and went with a set of speed engineering LT's and ORY with O2 extenders. It's in the shop now and should be done next week.

Anyway.. If your looking for heads i'd say get a good set of 243's and have some one machine them for you to match your cam. I would do that but my funds have dwindled enough as it is so ill have to wait a while and the 853's will do fine till i upgrade the heads later. As far as the 205 Dart's, I'm not too familiar with them but have heard people say good things, just make sure the valvetrain matches the cam (as well as bolt fitment). I'd say go with what you know and trust your gut.

Quick Reply: Need help ASAP with Heads *First Cam install*