Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Whatever happened to...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Whatever happened to...

Kurt Urban (427)? I looked up his profile and he hasn't posted since 03-31-2010...
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

After W2W (wheel to wheel) went defunct he broke off on his own and last I heard was building some badass turbo LS stuff for outlaw drag radial guys. He's more of a Yellow Bullet kinda guy.
I remember seeing him turning wrenches on Joe Yatooma's 69 Z in the pits @ Hot Rod's fastest street car shootout, Memphis 93'
Car was all over the magazines when a photographer caught the flames and the hood scoop flying up in the air.....
Old 02-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Yeah, he posts still on Yellow Bullet.

He knows what he is doing.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

I go through here for years thinking, hmmm, something's missing! Then it finally hits, no more Kurt and nothing from Erik (HKE) since 2012...
Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Yeah, he posts still on Yellow Bullet.

He knows what he is doing.
When he posts I read & listen
Old 02-21-2015, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lil john
Eric of HKE. told me Some things and well that's just how it is..........Ls1 tech was sold and My buddy was banded

Twice .......
Ya'll lost
It is what it is....... Martin @ Tick I've looked and found my Lobes.......we need more Duration to get 800fwhp.....
Will be getting Super Vic Monday...no more Vic Jr.. Chris @ FRH said so....

There still here?
If your in the H .....do you know of Naiser Racing

Friend told me something or the Name to ask 4
Been knew the Team...tried 2 Cheat wanting a Vic Jr ....Even if I ported my Vic jr with my adaptor and welded it, I want 2 much 4 the street but a Cheap NASCAR engine was Wanted.
I'm now wanting 800fwhp on pump gas ..........Darn I do got a helluva team...or do I just get in touch with Those who can make my dreams a reality..... 1 ? Who designed & built the engine?

Mr Cheap 408 AKa Project : Dark Matter
So this jibberish bantering of yours helps me understand what ever happened to Kurt Urban of Wheel 2 Wheel....????......
I will grant you this.....You do know a lot
However your posts, particularily the early A.M. ones read like this.............
Farm truck.....moon shot....LOL **** STAR: spaghetti wit' nun meatballz
\Vagina.....peanut butter and Edelbrock jelly......Zoo animals...ya'll kno IT
I rule man......outer space cosmonaut arm wrestling college co-ed/800 fwhp.....Oscar's awards.......Sniper out cold; tongue punching alpaca poop holes......AGAIN
Clearly your brainwaves operate at 5 times the speed of a keyboard...so keep em' coming sir: WE love the humor.........
I apologize to the OP for the rant......
Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
So this jibberish bantering of yours helps me understand what ever happened to Kurt Urban of Wheel 2 Wheel....????......
I will grant you this.....You do know a lot
However your posts, particularily the early A.M. ones read like this.............
Farm truck.....moon shot....LOL **** STAR: spaghetti wit' nun meatballz
\Vagina.....peanut butter and Edelbrock jelly......Zoo animals...ya'll kno IT
I rule man......outer space cosmonaut arm wrestling college co-ed/800 fwhp.....Oscar's awards.......Sniper out cold; tongue punching alpaca poop holes......AGAIN
Clearly your brainwaves operate at 5 times the speed of a keyboard...so keep em' coming sir: WE love the humor.........
I apologize to the OP for the rant......

i may have to put that in my sig as thats the best thing ive seen posted. LOL
Old 02-21-2015, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Eric of HKE. told me Some things and well that's just how it is..........Ls1 tech was sold and My buddy was banded

Twice .......
Ya'll lost
It is what it is....... Martin @ Tick I've looked and found my Lobes.......we need more Duration to get 800fwhp.....
Will be getting Super Vic Monday...no more Vic Jr.. Chris @ FRH said so....

There still here?

I know exactly who you talking about as far as the Eric deal goes...... cool people to deal with as far as building a motor....
Old 02-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Banned

Some 1 asked about Eric and HKE and I gave you a response and some other names......Figure it out
I don't ask to many questions cause I will find it out for myself. Would you like me to get in touch with Kurt 4 you?

Normally it's wrote bad after a night out with A lot of Drinks & Shots straight, no chaser

Last edited by lil john; 02-21-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

...Normally it's wrote bad after a night out with A lot of Drinks & Shots straight, no chaser
John, you need to moderate with that stuff. It'll sure make you old before your time. Been there, done that...
Old 02-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Banned

Good looking out, it's not everyday my girl is my cab just go to the bar and meet with my two oldest friends and get Wasted...We know the bar owner nothing fancy....They close @ 2 but we leave when we're thru Jake is a good guy and we never leave driving.

When I got home I remembered about Eric, he was banned twice and the second reason why was F*%$ed up. And I called a few well known shops like AMS (849hp LSX engine in a previous EMC) and was told about porting and welding work on my Vic Jr and that it would run about $350-375 I also spoke with Tony @ BES and Chris @ FRH about switching over to the Super Vic and was told hands down, move to the Super Vic on the Ls3 heads. I had asked a few people and heard so many different things or here sayer's about it that I just made some calls, some said it's not going to make much of a difference and others said it would. Was also told with some work it could be just as good, NOT better than a Mast or All PRO, $800 with port work Vs $1500. Naiser Racing gonna port it for me one of the best Race engine guys in Houston mainly Ford through. I went and found the lobes as I did not write down the numbers on the cam when it was installed. The box said HR but they are the High Tech .420 Roller lobes I need more duration and really like how it is very drive able now and I will still be able to run A/c once hooked up. Just need more than 257 dur. @ .050 and seeing what all my options are in the 260 range. NASCAR is back and they now have 750hp so I want there old out put. Stock Ls3 made near 800 so I figure I can make the difference up with a stroker and by past High compression. The young man with the 800hp stock Ls3 shared a few things..... More RPM (Martin @ Tick said the same thing before about 2 months ago) and I and I can stay on pump-gas & throw in a G-Z vacuum pump. All with a $300 dollar 6.0 iron junk yard bare block. I wrote it better this time. I'll erase the bad version of this post:-)

Last edited by lil john; 02-21-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

This is Erik right here (racer8088). I have never been banned on any site ever except that I am no longer a paying sponsor ever since Tony and Pro Stock John sold LS1Tech to Internet Brands so they do ban your old screen name (racer7088) as they do not want you still doing business on their website with that name so now I post under this one. I've just been WAY too busy to post that often, I know Kurt has also been busy like always and posts on YB sometimes too but I think he only works for a small group of people since he moved to NC and may also be doing some other work now besides engines.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by racer8088
This is Erik right here (racer8088). I have never been banned on any site ever except that I am no longer a paying sponsor ever since Tony and Pro Stock John sold LS1Tech to Internet Brands so they do ban your old screen name (racer7088) as they do not want you still doing business on their website with that name so now I post under this one. I've just been WAY too busy to post that often, I know Kurt has also been busy like always and posts on YB sometimes too but I think he only works for a small group of people since he moved to NC and may also be doing some other work now besides engines.
Thanks for the update!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer8088
Holy ****. Talk about getting the band back together! Kurt and Erik still going strong and building killer motors. My young Asian wife thinks I'm cheating on her when I spend 30 minutes here. .

Quick Reply: Whatever happened to...