Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L96 VVT hesitation issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L96 VVT hesitation issue

I am looking for some help with figuring out what I think is a VVT problem on a 2011 L96. I am new to this forum and the motor is actually in a ski boat but through all of my research the most relevant information has come from posts on this site so I figured I would post my problem and see if any of you guys had any suggestions.

The main problem I am having is that as the engine revs past 2000 rpm it will momentarily stall, drop down to 1200 or so rpm and then recover and continue to accelerate normally. It happens pretty consistently (60 to 70% of the time) and always at exactly 2000 rpm. I have a scanner and have recorded some data and from what I can tell the cam angle is approximately around 506 degrees during normal operation. When the hesitation occurs the cam angle will jump forward all the way to 557 degrees which I assume is the max limit and then immediately back down to the normal range as it accelerates on past 2000 rpm.

Any ideas on what would cause the VVT to advance the cam so rapidly like that at exactly 2000 rpm? I am obviously not a pro at this so any insights are greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: L96 VVT hesitation issue