Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 into an LS1 Fbody questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS3 into an LS1 Fbody questions

I've read through the sticky on this I can see I'll have to order a list of stuff from Katech & a lot of the stuff has to do with using the LS3 intake, which I will be going with.
KAT-4750 Cam & Knock sensor adapter harness. Seen some pics online that the knock sensors to be relocated under the headers/manifolds by drilling & tapping the block in a certain spot?
KAT-A4674 Fuel Rail Spacer. Allows the LS1 injectors or EV1 style to be used in LS3 intake. How does this look the rails higher than normal? Would it be better to go with the shorter LS3 style injectors? Stock 40#ers will not be enough for a 416 w/ projected 520 whp but supposedly my Ford 42s will be using the flow calculator?

Also does anyone make the short LS3 injectors w/ EV1 style plugs? I want it to look stock.

KAT-4751 MAP sensor harness, need that.
KAT-5185 MAP adapter harness,Delphi to Bosch. Must use LS3 MAP sensor?
90mm TB, ebay unit of course!
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if they make short ls3 style with the EV1 connector and I haven't used the spacers before. When I did my swap I cut off the old fuel injector connectors and switched it to the LS3 style like this. http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C77 I also used the stock LS3 injectors. On my stock starter I had to cut the stud hanging off the end so it would clear the knock sensor. Don't forget the throttle cable bracket too. Also I used my stock LS1 map make sure when you order your adapter harness that it has the right plug end for the map sensor your using.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackLS1m6
Not sure if they make short ls3 style with the EV1 connector and I haven't used the spacers before. When I did my swap I cut off the old fuel injector connectors and switched it to the LS3 style like this. http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C77 I also used the stock LS3 injectors. On my stock starter I had to cut the stud hanging off the end so it would clear the knock sensor. Don't forget the throttle cable bracket too. Also I used my stock LS1 map make sure when you order your adapter harness that it has the right plug end for the map sensor your using.
I actually did find short EV1 style injectors. Stock LS3 injectors will work for stock stroke, not quite enough for a 416. Think I'll order the rail spacers for my 42s to get it running. Know about the throttle cable bracket. So the LS1 MAP plugs right in to the intake? Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I actually did find short EV1 style injectors. Stock LS3 injectors will work for stock stroke, not quite enough for a 416. Think I'll order the rail spacers for my 42s to get it running. Know about the throttle cable bracket. So the LS1 MAP plugs right in to the intake? Thanks for the tips!
I know the LS3 injectors won't be enough for your setup. To use the LS1 map sensor you'll have to remove the Orange grommet and install a small section of rubber hose on the map sensor. I used exhaust silicone to seal it to the manifold and haven't had any issues (that silicone works awesome btw). Maybe someday I'll re-do it and make a bracket to hold the sensor in.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackLS1m6
I know the LS3 injectors won't be enough for your setup. To use the LS1 map sensor you'll have to remove the Orange grommet and install a small section of rubber hose on the map sensor. I used exhaust silicone to seal it to the manifold and haven't had any issues (that silicone works awesome btw). Maybe someday I'll re-do it and make a bracket to hold the sensor in.
According to the fuel injector calculator for my expected power my 42s would be enough injector at 80% duty cycle
Old 05-01-2015, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im running 42's. Had It street tuned and everything is just ducky! They are supposed to be good for 600hp?
Old 05-01-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by handyandy496
Im running 42's. Had It street tuned and everything is just ducky! They are supposed to be good for 600hp?
I was thinking like 650 so maybe not enough. What cam & CR are ya running? Stock heads?

Quick Reply: LS3 into an LS1 Fbody questions