Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls3 Lifter and Rocker Arms Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016 | 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LLave
Hey North Bay neighbors! Santa Rosa here

Do you loose any significant amount of material truing up the tip of the rocker?
No more than .005"-.008" which falls within the thickness range that we've measured on brand new rockers. We're down in Rohnert park if you want to see the parts and process in person.
Old 02-12-2016 | 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

I got mine today from Colorado Speed. They came loose in a priority mail box packed with news paper in little bags. Not a good way to ship them. I was expecting a box like the 1 pictured above. When i opened the box 3 of the trunions fell to the floor. Luckily on a leather bag. not a good way to ship them. There was no paperwork whatsoever.
Old 02-12-2016 | 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

A ziploc bag will not protect a piece of bronze from a piece of tool steel.
Old 02-12-2016 | 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

no they were not damaged but if I had opened the package in my garage they would have hit a concrete floor and would have been damaged. Please package them different. I was expecting them to be in a box so I was not ready for them to fall out. Thanks for checking them. I have bought many parts from you including a supercharger Kit. Iv been satisfied with your company on every purchase and im satisfied on this one but please put them all in another bag or something so they can not fall out of the box they were shipped in.
each trunion was shipped in its own ziplock bag with the bushings on it. As for paperwork I expected a install sheet.
Old 02-13-2016 | 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am working on supplying all volume customers with the boxes. The response to this product has been overwhelming. We sold in 4 weeks what we projected to sell in the first Quarter of this year. Frankly I was unprepared for the response and I take full responsibility. Large volume customers will be getting the sets packed in boxes in the next 3 to 4 weeks. We will also offer a bolt upgrade with the kit as an option.

Engine builders that have retro fitted the rockers to projects are getting some interesting results. I hope to be able to release some test data on the rockers as they are being used Corvettes that see 1000 miles a week under driving school conditions.
Old 02-13-2016 | 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cstraub
I am working on supplying all volume customers with the boxes. The response to this product has been overwhelming. We sold in 4 weeks what we projected to sell in the first Quarter of this year. Frankly I was unprepared for the response and I take full responsibility. Large volume customers will be getting the sets packed in boxes in the next 3 to 4 weeks. We will also offer a bolt upgrade with the kit as an option.

Engine builders that have retro fitted the rockers to projects are getting some interesting results. I hope to be able to release some test data on the rockers as they are being used Corvettes that see 1000 miles a week under driving school conditions.
Sounds good Chris - I'll have to talk to you about pricing on these kits on the FB Engine Builder's group we're on as we're buying our timing sets from you, but buying these trunion kits from Smith Bros.

I knew when I saw the kit at PRI that it was going to be a huge seller.

Quick Reply: Ls3 Lifter and Rocker Arms Upgrade Help