Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Is it possible to add twin turbos to my blown ls7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to add twin turbos to my blown ls7?

Hey guys pretty new around here but just looking for some opinions on if it is possible to add twin turbos to my already supercharged LS7?

If this is possible these are my concerns, what are your thoughts on this?
Thin cylinder walls and my hypercraptic pistons, can they handle the additional stress of more power?

The car is currently making 700rwhp but I want more, the problem is I want to keep the car reliable and maximise kms.

Attached are a few images to show some engine specs, runs on 98 octane fuel and will stay that way.

I was looking to add nitrous but it's illegal to have hooked up here and the install/tuning is expensive but have been offered a good twin turbo for a great price (around the same as a good nos set up but it could make a lot more power) the turbo kit comfortably makes 950rwhp on a ls2 with 18psi

What do you think?

Last edited by KCS; 01-26-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Removed Images with Non-Sponsor Contact Info
Old 01-26-2016, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

What supercharger is on your car now. I can find you a thread where a guy added twins to his Supercharged LSA or LS9 can't remember ,But I'll dig it up
Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would think that at 700rwhp you're already pushing the limits of the stock engine. I would think anymore power on a high compression SBE isn't going to last too long.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The block wont take much more for sure. LS7's and boost dont mix well
Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

I reread your post. Can you just change pulleys and add methanol? There was a guy running over 900 hp on his stock bottom end LS7, but he knew it was potentially a grenade. The car lived a few years at the track.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Sure you "can" but don't..... It's not as cool as you would think it to be, it's overly complex, and it doesn't net you what you think it will.

I've done it.... It was cool in that it got alot of attention, but it was 100hp less than just TT alone. Made more power/tq up to 4K rpm's but that was always the crossover point, above which TT always made more. And when racing, I was rarely ever below 4K. 30psi of boost at 2K rpms sounds cool, but it's not as much power as you would think it to be.

Video:

Jump to 6:23 if you want to see the Triple Charged vs TT comparison graph.

For me it was a science project, and a giant business card. I learned a lot and it gained popularity; so for me it was a win, but from a performance stand point it was a loss.

If you really want to make the additional power, just sell the blower, and run TT's by themselves.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to add twin turbos to my blown ls7?