Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

My List of Parts for 5.3 AFM Delete Cam Swap ... Am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My List of Parts for 5.3 AFM Delete Cam Swap ... Am I missing anything?

So a week or so ago I had some issues with my 09 Avalanche 5.3 and I'm 90% sure at this point it was one of the dreaded AFM lifters dying. Of the 8 AFM lifters if I try and squeeze them 7 of the 8 have a very positive stop and the other seems to give a little more. The code it was throwing was a misfire on cylinder 6 along with backfiring into the intake.

Right now a local machine shop is checking out my heads to make sure there's no issues there and then in the mean time I've been reading the millions of posts on this subject. Can the local experts please check my list and notes see if I've got everything covered and/or got something totally wrong?

ARP 134-1002 - Cam Bolts
ARP 134-1003 - Cam Bolts
Comp Cams XFI Xtreme Truck Cam - 54-452-11 (I've got 3.42 gears plus the 6 speed so hoping this is a cam that won't totally kill my low end)
Fel Pro Head Gasket Set
Chevy Performance (blue) Valve Springs 12499224 (I think the above cam will be ok with these)
Harmonic Balancer Bolt
Chevy Performance 12586481 Camshaft Timing Sprocket
Chevy Performance 12598832 Engine Valley Cover
Summit Racing 910211 Cylinder Head Bolt Kits
Summit Racing G2625 Timing Cover Seals
Summit Racing HTLSKIT LS Lifter and Guide Kit (the description says not for AFM and I THINK that just means not with the factory cam)
***oh just realized not on my list yet is the LS2 type chain tensioner that I plan to add.

Thanks. I appreciate any feedback you all can give.

Quick Reply: My List of Parts for 5.3 AFM Delete Cam Swap ... Am I missing anything?