Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

It may be "Just Another LS3 416 Stroker Build", but, it's MY LS3 416 Stroker Build!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KW,
I can't remember the brand right off hand, but, I'm quite sure they are not sticky high performance tires. I'm not going to tell my wife that I only need better tires, as I used this excuse to get me a set of wide -a$$ Corvette rims to "fix the problem"
After a quick test drive with her in the passenger seat, I put it sideways hitting second and slowed down after she started yelling @ 115, she decided I may have to spend a little extra to get "good" tires installed on those rims when they are ready. I will be looking into drag radials at that time.

Sid
Old 05-10-2018, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

383z,
Thanks bud, hopefully I'll be able to get it finished some day soon. It seems I neglected more than I thought around the house and am trying to catch everything up again so I can dedicate some more time on this project...

Sid
Old 05-10-2018, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by psychosid30
383z,
Whine Whine Whine...

Sid
Sid seems to think he's the only one who has things to do around the house. We've bestowed upon him the official shop title of Director of Communications and Logistics... since he talks way too much and seems to always be saying "well, I'd better get going".

Let me fill in some details he left out: his tires are some all season no name tires that he bought second hand, might as well be spare tires for a Civic. Meanwhile, we adjusted shift points in his tune and it drives much better. Also, his "Corvette" wheels have been blasted in preparation for powder coat. However, if he leaves them bare for another couple months, I'll just do them neon pink...

Quick Reply: It may be "Just Another LS3 416 Stroker Build", but, it's MY LS3 416 Stroker Build!