Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Lq4 416 stroker build

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went good man!

It's been in my reg cab long box Silverado since middle of June. Swapped the 4l60e w/4l80e as well. Had some issues getting it to run well at first (as expected) couldn't get get a tune from someone legit without a 6 week wait so I dropped what little bit of coin I had left on HP tuners and I'm making some progress. Broke a drive shaft about a month ago. I think it was a combo of weak stock shaft @ 72" long! And was dealing with some wheel hop the first 4 weeks of punishment (265/50/20's) still have some wheel hop depending on surface and how aggressive I get on the pedal but mostly just smoke now�� I'm still running a stock shaft, spare from my old beater... So I've been taking it easy. Having a hard time finding a built 1 piece aluminum shaft that long balanced at track speeds. However it's fun! It will spin those 265/50/20's dam near through second and sometimes depending on what I'm doing I can catch 3rd for a quick second lol. It's hard to drive slow. Even with the 4.11's on the hwy I'll catch myself doing 85-90 with no intentions at all. I'm expecting a NNBS intake (not super excited to shave another one), TB & bigger injectors in tomorrow's mail. Should add to the fun. Needs some real tires, trac bars, HD drive shaft & a wide band so I can run the nitrous set up I had on the 4.8! I may get it on a Dyno this fall just so I can see if and where I'm lacking when tuning is concerned. I'm really glad I decided to buy HPT vs paying someone. It wasn't that much more and now I have that ability. Yea it took me some time but to me that's what it's all about. Now I just need to swing my hammer a little faster so I can wrap some projects up, make some more money and get those tires, bars, shaft & wide band. I'll post some numbers once I get er on a dyno.

EDIT sorry for the pic AGAIN I forgot I already posted some up and can't delete/edit it from this dam message.

Last edited by LSrBest; 08-24-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Lq4 416 stroker build