Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ebay LS 3 rockers with trunions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ebay LS 3 rockers with trunions

I need a set on rocker arms for my my build. Should I go with comp cams or try to find some other brand?
Old 07-13-2017, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

All LS rockers use trunnions. They are the pivot point around which the bearings or bushings ride. Which Comp ones are you referring to? TSP has just come out with a new roller tip rocker with needle trunnion bearings, and soon with a bushing optional in place of the needle bearing.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G Atsma
All LS rockers use trunnions. They are the pivot point around which the bearings or bushings ride. Which Comp ones are you referring to? TSP has just come out with a new roller tip rocker with needle trunnion bearings, and soon with a bushing optional in place of the needle bearing.

Yes you are totally right, my bad. I ment trunion upgrage

Like these:

Non-Sponsor Soliciting Policy

Last edited by KCS; 09-14-2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Non-Sponsor Link Removed
Old 07-13-2017, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiejoni
Yes you are totally right, my bad. I ment trunion upgrage

Like these:

Non-Sponsor Soliciting Policy
Don't use COMP trunnions because they are junk. Buy Straub bronze trunnions. Try to find a low mileage used set of stock rocker arms and do the upgrade yourself.

Last edited by KCS; 09-14-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Jontall
Don't use COMP trunnions because they are junk. Buy Straub bronze trunnions. Try to find a low mileage used set of stock rocker arms and do the upgrade yourself.
I have a set of LS3 rockers with some new/never installed Straub bearings that I don't think I'll be using.

OP.....PM me if interested.

KW
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KW Baraka
I have a set of LS3 rockers with some new/never installed Straub bearings that I don't think I'll be using.

OP.....PM me if interested.

KW
I know this is an old thread, but are the rockers and trunions still available?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SheepDog209
If KW don't have his set still I have a new set of rockers with strub trunions with the bolts . All new and ready to go . PM me if you would like .
Old 09-14-2017, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SheepDog209
Yep....they are.

PM me if interested.

KW
Old 03-24-2024, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw this thread and thought I'd share some observations of my project, which was to utilize the BTR shafts with the TSP roller rockers.
1) For some inexplicable reason, BTR no longer locates the rocker arms on the shafts using circlips, and instead (on the LS3 product) is using "thrust shims" to position the rockers on the shaft. Intuitively I'm thinking to myself, "What the...". Instead of a 360 degree lock of the rocker arm on the shaft, they use in essence a precision washer, which slips onto the shaft, and then sits between the rocker and the sides of the steel stand they use to replace the aluminum OEM stand. Anyway, only about 90 degrees of the washer is actually being held in place at the base. Granted, the shim ID is a close fit to the shaft OD, so not sure it will rock over, or allow a lot of lateral movement of the rocker, but seriously, why the change? Thought BTR was better than that.
2) The TSP roller rockers are about .020" wider than the OEM rocker (bearings removed), and a direct swap of utilizing TSP rollers with the new BTR design will require narrowing the body of the rocker by about .020" prior to inserting the roller bearings back into the rockers. Otherwise, the "thrust shims" will interfere with properly attaching the shaft to the stand as they not slide into position.
3) Some of the BTR machining reminds me of some Chinese stuff I've seen. I had to lightly file the stands in several places, and a couple of shafts in order to seat everything correctly. Machining burrs kept me from slipping their "shim" onto two shafts, and the steel stand had burrs on it that would have prevented the shafts from properly seating in their saddles (onto the stand).

Quick Reply: Ebay LS 3 rockers with trunions