Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Head porting... SWIRL VEIN?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by spanks13
Lol.

My BES ported LS7 heads have the wing taken out but the port floor has a heavy amount of taper to it. Don't know how it compares to a factory port. I assume is slows down the air by the cylinder wall and tries to speed it up towards the center of the bore but I don't know. I haven't run these but I've heard good things. They're ~285cc. You can see witness of where the wing was but it is pretty much entirely gone.

They get thin in the back of the bowl when that wing is cut out.
The following 2 users liked this post by WE TODD DID:
Corona (02-12-2021), spanks13 (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 05:11 PM
Banned

Received 680 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by WE TODD DID
They get thin in the back of the bowl when that wing is cut out.

Cnc wing removal gone wrong......Cheap head, and asking for That killer runner program....later version wing was removed by hand.

$300 replacement

Last edited by Corona; 02-12-2021 at 05:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 751 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
First do you port heads? if not don't reply. I'll give you a list that says otherwise... Darin Morgan, Greg Good Chad lively Gavin at SPS did until he sold to AI. Phil at AI, LME Mast and a few others...but you port them they way you want..makes no diff to me...this is why i've stopped posting in over 2 years.. an will be my last...because of people like you...
Or you could remove your feelings, insert a rebuttal, and voila, we d be reading an interesting discussion. You know, like how they do on car forums.
G Atsma (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

First do you port heads? if not don't reply. I'll give you a list that says otherwise... Darin Morgan, Greg Good Chad lively Gavin at SPS did until he sold to AI. Phil at AI, LME Mast and a few others...but you port them they way you want. makes no diff to me...this is why I've stopped posting in over 2 years.. an will be my last...because of people like you...
Does one need to port themselves to know what makes a port work? One can recognize and appreciate good porting work without having the talent to do it himself.
You like to drop a bunch of names who do porting, besides yourself.
I've quit paying attention to people with major attitude... because of people like you.
Don't worry, you will not be missed....

Last edited by G Atsma; 02-12-2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:07 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,575 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Z0sicktanner has been porting heads for many years and knows his way around a bench very well. What’s puzzling is that he’s responding to a thread that was replied to almost 3 years ago. I haven’t seen him on here in awhile, and his knowledge will be missed. Too bad he doesn’t know who WE TODD DID actually is. I wish engine builders would use their real life names here. It would eliminate fussy stuff like this.
The following 3 users liked this post by Che70velle:
Corona (02-12-2021), G Atsma (02-12-2021), rkupon1 (02-13-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 09:14 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Z0sicktanner has been porting heads for many years and knows his way around a bench very well. What’s puzzling is that he’s responding to a thread that was replied to almost 3 years ago. I haven’t seen him on here in awhile, and his knowledge will be missed. Too bad he doesn’t know who WE TODD DID actually is. I wish engine builders would use their real life names here. It would eliminate fussy stuff like this.
I wondered if I was the only one to notice that. I was also wondering how he ended up on a 3 year old thread. Probably the mobile site strikes again.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:23 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,575 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
I wondered if I was the only one to notice that. I was also wondering how he ended up on a 3 year old thread. Probably the mobile site strikes again.
Yeah, but then again, where would Tech be without the drama. Mobile site needs work no doubt.
G Atsma (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Z0sicktanner has been porting heads for many years and knows his way around a bench very well.
Yeah, I just read his posts further up and saw that. I edited my post to reflect this.
His attitude still sucks, though....
Old 02-13-2021, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Yeah, I just read his posts further up and saw that. I edited my post to reflect this.
His attitude still sucks, though....
No when your told your wrong for 15 years it gets old. like all the info I gave about the valve guides to be banned from platforms for telling the truth. truth is people don't want the truth unless its from someone with so called authority on the subject. Nothing I have ever posted was false or I wouldn't post it. from my own porting research R&D testing at the track. reason I posted is because I logged in an seen the reply to my last post. didnt look at the date. sorry i've went back an deleted all my post now...good luck to you guys. Seems my info stands.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Me to here is the intake from top veiw thats on the car now..gonna do something like this. i did to another car few years back. top picture on the car bottom ported carb intake

and what i have in mind

I’m bringing this over from another thread. I’ll give credit where it’s due. That’s a badass manifold on the bottom. Did you port that? What is it? Do you have anymore pics of it?
G Atsma (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 09:37 AM
Banned

No when your told your wrong for 15 years it gets old. like all the info I gave about the valve guides to be banned from platforms for telling the truth. truth is people don't want the truth unless its from someone with so called authority on the subject. Nothing I have ever posted was false or I wouldn't post it. from my own porting research R&D testing at the track. reason I posted is because I logged in an seen the reply to my last post. didnt look at the date. sorry i've went back an deleted all my post now...good luck to you guys. Seems my info stands.
I always considered you a good guy with Great: Work, Truthful information and recommendations .. but now after Eric Roycroft ask u a question (or Messing) with u go delete all your post on the thread?

Yeah ______ u Zo6. BTW Eric is just as Good as the names u listed. Asked how do I know? I know Ever Name u listed!

​​​​​
G Atsma (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 09:51 AM
Banned

Btw: you've got only 1 ban, me 😂🤣😆🤔😜🤫. Stop the crying and go get the baby or don't post. Go erase all your other threads if you feel that way 🤫 some of which I have Booked marked.
​​​​​
Just Do it, like ______
👍
G Atsma (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 751 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by WE TODD DID
I’m bringing this over from another thread. I’ll give credit where it’s due. That’s a badass manifold on the bottom. Did you port that? What is it? Do you have anymore pics of it?
Gdamn, look at all that porting. Wonder how many hrs something like this takes. Thats a night n day difference on that intake mani!

Old 02-13-2021, 02:12 PM
Banned

You may not remember me saying it Takes Many Moons to get the CID matched to a particular Combination. 👍 about a Wks time+. Was told for the Time and $ 👉 High Ram. Ole Question of why ER didn't use the CID on the EMC Build....besides the obvious x2 4500's and the perfect runner length for the EMC event.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Corona
Btw: you've got only 1 ban, me 😂🤣😆🤔😜🤫. Stop the crying and go get the baby or don't post. Go erase all your other threads if you feel that way 🤫 some of which I have Booked marked.
​​​​​
Just Do it, like ______
👍
Fair enough....as for the engine builder im not allowed to post videos or pictures here...message from mod in 2015. if need be I can get a picture of it. KCS
Moderator. I was getting complaints of people. I don't complain to mods. fact. i'll delete the other threads..I only have 4 or 5

@KCS

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Re: threadQuote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCS
Quote:
Guys like that seem to know everything about porting cylinder heads, but have never picked up a grinder. It gets annoying when they
I posted a vid on that thread ...if I cant do that please dont ban me i'll be a vendor in a few weeks...thanks man sorry for any bs... KCS>>>
No worries, I'm not trying to ban you. Just do me a favor and take a break from posting pictures of your work. It looks like you're showcasing your abilities for your business and it's causing some complaints. Technical discussion and debate is perfectly fine, though, just take it easy on the pictures and videos of your work for a while.
1988 Ford Mustang
1974 Oldsmobile Omega
Old 02-13-2021, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 489 Likes on 316 Posts

I honestly can’t stand this site and the way it drives people away and restricts discussion. Don’t blame you at all for having a chip on your shoulder. There’s only a few of us idiots that even come around this place anymore and it’s a shame.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by spanks13
I honestly can’t stand this site and the way it drives people away and restricts discussion. Don’t blame you at all for having a chip on your shoulder. There’s only a few of us idiots that even come around this place anymore and it’s a shame.
I'll end my post here with intake the engine builder was wanting..im not here for bs just posted what I know works...i didnt know who the engine builder was by the name. at least he does port though. add a few screw it

intake engine builder wanted below

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 02-13-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll end my post here with intake the engine builder was wanting..im not here for bs just posted what I know works...i didnt know who the engine builder was by the name. at least he does port though
Beautiful work.

Looks just like a blue thunder small block manifold that my buddy Gerry did. AKA Tom Slick.

Last edited by WE TODD DID; 02-16-2021 at 06:03 AM.
KCS (02-13-2021)
Old 02-13-2021, 05:34 PM
Banned

This is Ls1Sales....don't complain, out think the BS.
reason I don't like Pro Stock John and the group who sold tech. John started a thread on YB called let's make YB great again. I Posted thread title change. In reality I wanted to say 🖕 u Pro Stock take your B as back to what u started.

Didn't wanna seem like a hater.. I am Hope u read this B€^°√
I've called out folks on here nicely and drunk still Stand by what I said.... Your point being Zo6
Outthink the BS. They talked about Jesus. If you make Hp post it and don't 😭
Old 02-13-2021, 06:18 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Fair enough....as for the engine builder im not allowed to post videos or pictures here...message from mod in 2015. if need be I can get a picture of it. KCS
Moderator. I was getting complaints of people. I don't complain to mods. fact. i'll delete the other threads..I only have 4 or 5
I only asked you to cool it for awhile because you were breaking the rules. That didn't mean that you were permanently banned from posting pics or video. Here's the picture of our conversation:

And HERE is the thread and a post where you were trying to generate traffic to your page, which is against the rules.

Quick Reply: Head porting... SWIRL VEIN?