Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3/L92 821/823 valve job

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 543 Likes on 341 Posts

I know I bumped an older post, but I see cam post frequently so he's around.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (08-20-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 10:33 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey sorry for the late reply here. I got pics somewhere I see if I can dig em up. Cars running great too, really strong now. I still have the rod mod to do but ran out of time. I also stepped up the y pipe to a dual 3" into single 4" mid and then just before the axle a tapered reducer back to 3" over the axle and into muff. Sounds incredible
Old 08-21-2020, 11:00 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Unfortunately I dont have many pics only two relevant ones. These heads come with three angle seats and are in pretty decent order in stock form. The biggest issue I found was the seat/head fitment. There was a lot of inconsistency with the seat locations and the head casting from port to port and the seats in almost eveery port where sticking out into the port so I blended those in very carefully not to damage the valve contact area. The rest of the ports I finished with sand rolls and I tear dropped the vale guide boss as well. Nothing crazy not like some ported heads I have run just a good clean up and finishing mostly. All done with paper rolls and die grinder. I bought some long mandrels to reach in the ports fully. The finish of the chambers is slightly smoother than the ports but these should give you an idea. I spent about two days doing the work spread out over a week. I kept thinking they were done, then noticing another area I could improve. The pic of the valve seat is very early in the process so keep that in mind they looked very clean and smooth when I finished. The chambers are all done assembled etc. Heres another thread I made during this process that worked perfectly I have a very tight engine now

https://ls1tech.com/forums/tools-fab...ure-cheap.html

Quick Reply: LS3/L92 821/823 valve job