Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls7 guys? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls7 guys? Help!

Hey guys! I’m in assembly mode on a ls7 I have for a shop car. It has been to the machine shop, decked, honed, new pistons, file fit rings, new cam bearings, head and main studs etc. I am using Arp rod bolts and the rods are anywhere from .0007 to .0015 out of round after torque. Great right?

Being said, what do I do to fix this? Seems everyone says you can’t resize them due to a coating? But nobody says anything about that being in the bore or parting line. Is there anybody out there resizing them with results or do’s/dont’s? I can’t seem to get a definitive answer other than get new rods. which would make the pistons, and engine machine work basically null

im pulling my hair out here. There’s gotta be people with some experience here that can share some info right?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-21-2018, 03:21 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,512 Likes on 2,164 Posts

I saw you posting over on Corvette Forum. I personally don’t have enough experience with Ti coatings to comment, but I have read in the past, on the flaking coating subject, that the inside of the journal is not coated. I can’t say if this is true or not, but it’s been stated on Ferrari Forum that the inside of the journal is not coated. Hopefully you don’t believe most of what you read on public forums. I know that I don’t.
If I were you, with this issue, I’d contact a high end shop with Ti experience. I do know for sure that the rods can be re-coated, so perhaps they can be trued, balanced, and re-coated.