Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

From the FED FB site:

Facebook Post
Facebook Post
· Chassis Dyno Test Results:

Last Friday our Production Manager Chris Holland took his infamous LSA Blown "Poop Stain" truck over to Dedicated Motorsports to test the new F310 cylinder heads against our Stage 2 LS3 CNC Porting program.

Here are the details:
6.0 Iron Block (370")
.030" Over Flat Top w/Valve Reliefs
6.125" Molnar Rods
GM LSA Crank
Ported LSA Blower
Injector Dynamics 1300cc Injectors
E-85 (no Meth, no Nitrous)
Tuned w/HP Tuners
Hooker "BlackHeart" LS Swap Headers
2.4" Upper Pulley
9.8" Lower Pulley
23X/25X 119 LSA Cam
FED-GM-Stage 2: 780 w.h.p. | 664 ft/lbs
17.5lbs. of Boost @ -1,800 ft DA

Out of the Box F310's: 818 w.h.p. | 816 ft/lbs
15lbs. of Boost @ +2,100 ft DA
While both Peak & Avgerage gains of wheel horsepower and torque are encouraging, our dyno results aren't entirely accurate due to torque converter issues. Before "Poop Stain" made its trip to TX2K the converter flashed at 3,600 RPM and after quite a bit of abuse it's now flashing at 5,400 RPM and climbing with every pull. With that being said the torque converter issue doesn't help display the potential of the F310's but, we are fairly happy with gains of 38 h.p. and 152 ft/lbs. of torque!

With an optimized camshaft and proper converter we expect this combination to clear 840 h.p. AT THE TIRE!!

If you're looking to step up your LS3 combination our F310's are in stock! As of this moment the castings are being ran through our manufacturing process and will be on the shelf-ready to ship.

817-556-2434
https://frankensteined.net/shop/f310/
Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That's an insane pulley combo for an LSA blower.... bearings won't last long at all. BUT, if it's a race car and not a DD, more power to you.

I'd be interested to know what cooling mods he has and what IAT2's are at the end of the run.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bortous
Not me but my tuner has.
He has fitted everything from Mast Motorsport black label heads, AFR Mongoose, Trickflow etc.
He laughs when his customers spend all those thousands of dollars on those expensive heads when they don't make much more power than a set of CNC ported castings.
Down here in Australia, we have state of the art small bore LS7 heads that rival or exceed the low lift flow rates of the best cathedral heads out there.
These heads have super strong low and mid range torque and in the top end they are unmatched..
They feature a 3/4 thick deck for high boost levels and there are 4 and 6 bolt mains versions.
They are half the cost, are made with the same aluminium alloy, and make more power.
I would even go as far to say they are one of the best heads on the planet.
If i build another engine I will definitely use these this time.
There is also a big bore version ls7 head coming out I think next year which is expected to break records for flow and power potential.
These heads? http://higginsraceheads.com.au/heads/hrd-6-bolt/

If so, hate to tell you this but they're designed by Darrin Morgan in the USA, and while good, they're not cheap, and they're not ported OEM heads. I'd like to see them tested alongside the F310 too. I think the F310 would hold it's own.

No way will a ported OEM head match either.

Some tuners tell a good yarn. But in their defense, most LS NA engine combos won't see more than 20hp difference between good heads and ported OEM. That's not the fault of the head, it is just that the good heads have way more untapped potential i.e. the combo they're on isn't making the most of them. By the time you get to tunnel rams and big roller cams, that 20hp gap could soon be 100+.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

That's when cost to hp comes in.
Ported Ls3 heads would make maybe 20 hp less and x amount of tq Vs a ported Ls7 head.... cost is or was 2300 for a fed Ls3 head set up for .750 lift while a Ls7 will come in at 2300 just cnc. FED head may make 35 to 45 vs the baseline but cost you $4k.

if out of budget there's other options.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
They threw a lot of tech into those heads!
How 'bout a shot of the chambers?

Heres some shots of my F310s
Old 01-01-2021, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
They threw a lot of tech into those heads!
How 'bout a shot of the chambers?