Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need blower CAM grind recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Andy,
When you swapped power steering pumps make sure that your pulley is fully seated. I had this issue recently and figured out my pulley was A) bent and B) not fully pressed on. So for safety measures i found a short bolt and washer and torqued it as well lol nothing like that pulley backing off when the motors zinging to 7700
The following users liked this post:
AndyTA (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
Andy,
When you swapped power steering pumps make sure that your pulley is fully seated. I had this issue recently and figured out my pulley was A) bent and B) not fully pressed on. So for safety measures i found a short bolt and washer and torqued it as well lol nothing like that pulley backing off when the motors zinging to 7700
Thanks for chiming in! I was sure to push that f***** in all the way ;-) I got all my belt problems sorted by switching to a manual tensioner. The auto-tensioners are just junk at this point.

And now a little noob update... who wants to guess how much power this was robbing? I decided to inspect after a few runs to make sure things were good. Crazy to think how violent it was with such a bottleneck/crimp in the "line" lmao. Drove it this morning after adjusting the piping and making sure they flow straight... I can tell you I already notice a big difference. The power delivery is far more instant.

Sorry, I still don't have dyno numbers. I'm broke at this point. Still saving the $500/$600 to get this thing properly timed. I have my AFR dialed in however via wideband/HPTuner road tuning. Nice 11.5 AFR at WOT past 105 kpA.

Enjoy the monstrosity below:

It looked fine on install - but I guess once you put pressure/vacuum through it, the weak spots/bad bends will show themselves. This has been adjusted/fixed.
I'm guessing about 30% to 35% airflow restriction. (Twin intercoolers. The picture above shows a pipe from one of the intercoolers. Hence my 35% guess, because in theory, at most it could only be 50%)

Originally Posted by bortous
Andy!
Been waiting to see how you are going with your project.
Glad to see you are extremely happy with the camshaft I specified for you.
I am surprised at 3500rpm the engine is already going crazy. Haha
That camshaft will pull to 6800rpm without an issue.
I hope you have a stout valvetrain and everything matches. (Unlike my engine if you have read my thread)
Once you get the boost working properly you should have a very flat power and torque curve from 3500rpm+
The pro chargers just keep pulling in the top end.
I think most of the board is waiting for an update from YOU on YOUR thread sir! :-)

Thanks,
Andy
Old 11-01-2019, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,155 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Yeah, a little kink like that might CRIMP your style a bit! lol
Glad it's all sorted out!
The following users liked this post:
AndyTA (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyTA
Thanks for chiming in! I was sure to push that f***** in all the way ;-) I got all my belt problems sorted by switching to a manual tensioner. The auto-tensioners are just junk at this point.

And now a little noob update... who wants to guess how much power this was robbing? I decided to inspect after a few runs to make sure things were good. Crazy to think how violent it was with such a bottleneck/crimp in the "line" lmao. Drove it this morning after adjusting the piping and making sure they flow straight... I can tell you I already notice a big difference. The power delivery is far more instant.

Sorry, I still don't have dyno numbers. I'm broke at this point. Still saving the $500/$600 to get this thing properly timed. I have my AFR dialed in however via wideband/HPTuner road tuning. Nice 11.5 AFR at WOT past 105 kpA.

Enjoy the monstrosity below:

It looked fine on install - but I guess once you put pressure/vacuum through it, the weak spots/bad bends will show themselves. This has been adjusted/fixed.
I'm guessing about 30% to 35% airflow restriction. (Twin intercoolers. The picture above shows a pipe from one of the intercoolers. Hence my 35% guess, because in theory, at most it could only be 50%)

I think most of the board is waiting for an update from YOU on YOUR thread sir! :-)

Thanks,
Andy
Post a dyno sheet up once everything is sorted and functioning properly.
I'm looking forward to it.

In regards to my build I know everyone is waiting.
I'm expecting everything to be completed next week.
Last I heard engine is apart with the new gaskets, lifters and camshaft being fitted.
I should update my thread with this new info.

Quick Reply: Need blower CAM grind recommendations