Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Projekt Lazarus - Numbers Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by bortous
When do you think you will fire this bitch up?
Has Smokey sent you some of his product?

He just did fire it up, and you responded with "Sounds angry but calm at the same time"
Old 01-17-2020, 07:10 AM

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,152 Posts

When do you think you will fire this bitch up?
Yesterday.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Stupid ******* question.
What I was meant to say is when do you think this bitch will be fully tuned and ready to rock n roll?
I really want to see a dyno sheet.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Launch
Has Smokey sent you some of his product?

He just did fire it up, and you responded with "Sounds angry but calm at the same time"
Lmao!

It's not me that smokes brother.
Don't tell me about that BS intake.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:18 AM

So, I have an unusual technical question....

What's the best way to inject testosterone into this thing? Like it runs on gas and testosterone. I drove my wife's vette to work this morning, and it's so TAME. I mean, I feel five years younger this morning. I'm thinking a nitrous plate, a remote bleeder, and an injection port on the shift ****...
Old 01-17-2020, 08:43 AM

What I was meant to say is when do you think this bitch will be fully tuned and ready to rock n roll?
I really want to see a dyno sheet.
If I get my throttle cable bracket today, I'm hoping I can get some seat time and start tuning this weekend. Just before I hit a bunch of travel. Oh Whale...

Before I dyno, I will need to get some data to make sure I have enough fuel. Last thing I need is to run lean at full power on the dyno. I don't mean enough fuel in the tune as much as if the pump will keep up. Injectors should be good to go. Once I know I have enough fuel, I'll take it to a dyno and start with reduced spark to get the fueling in and then start adding spark slowly. It won't sit undyno'd for too terribly long. But i'm going to be cautious enough to not destroy this motor if I can help it.

Hell i'll know alot just from making some throttle stabs in terms of responsiveness how well it will do.
The following users liked this post:
AINT SKEERED (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
If I get my throttle cable bracket today, I'm hoping I can get some seat time and start tuning this weekend. Just before I hit a bunch of travel. Oh Whale...

Before I dyno, I will need to get some data to make sure I have enough fuel. Last thing I need is to run lean at full power on the dyno. I don't mean enough fuel in the tune as much as if the pump will keep up. Injectors should be good to go. Once I know I have enough fuel, I'll take it to a dyno and start with reduced spark to get the fueling in and then start adding spark slowly. It won't sit undyno'd for too terribly long. But i'm going to be cautious enough to not destroy this motor if I can help it.

Hell i'll know alot just from making some throttle stabs in terms of responsiveness how well it will do.
That's good.
Will you take it to a dyno shop after you are done so they can finish it off?
Old 01-17-2020, 09:06 AM

That's good.
Will you take it to a dyno shop after you are done so they can finish it off?
No, I tune my own. I'll just pay for the hours.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

No, I tune my own. I'll just pay for the hours.
How do you know it's tuned right without the dyno?
The timing and mixtures can only get you so far.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:23 AM

How do you know it's tuned right without the dyno?
The timing and mixtures can only get you so far.
Rephrase. I tune my own car and rent dyno time when I'm using it. I do not pay the dyno operator to tune. I can get it very close on the street though. Last time I dyno'd, my street tune was only 9 HP off from my dyno tune. WB feedback gets fueling right on the street just fine. Timing, I have to go off feel. Main issue is loading up the engine on the street. An engine like this won't fully load up on the street, unless I go 130 mph, so I'll make educate guesses at fueling as I work it. But, that's all you control in the tune anyway. Timing and mixture. Honestly, getting a max power tune is not difficult. Get fuel to 12.7-13.0 AFR. Or actually, I think in terms of lambda, so .85-.87. Reads the same on the WB either way. Then add timing until adding more timing does nothing. There's max power. Then I usually back it off a degree or two for the street, because of heat soak. Making it streetable is the hard part. All the return to idle routines, etc. But even then, all you control is air, fuel, and spark.
kpeters59 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Rephrase. I tune my own car and rent dyno time when I'm using it. I do not pay the dyno operator to tune. I can get it very close on the street though. Last time I dyno'd, my street tune was only 9 HP off from my dyno tune. WB feedback gets fueling right on the street just fine. Timing, I have to go off feel. Main issue is loading up the engine on the street. An engine like this won't fully load up on the street, unless I go 130 mph, so I'll make educate guesses at fueling as I work it. But, that's all you control in the tune anyway. Timing and mixture. Honestly, getting a max power tune is not difficult. Get fuel to 12.7-13.0 AFR. Or actually, I think in terms of lambda, so .85-.87. Reads the same on the WB either way. Then add timing until adding more timing does nothing. There's max power. Then I usually back it off a degree or two for the street, because of heat soak. Making it streetable is the hard part. All the return to idle routines, etc. But even then, all you control is air, fuel, and spark.
Ah yes that makes sense.
That's how my tuner operates too.
Add timing till engine stops making more power then back off 2 degrees or so.
That's a very close figure so it shows you know what you are doing.
What is the afr of E85 roughly?
Old 01-17-2020, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Old 01-17-2020, 09:47 AM

Ah yes that makes sense.
That's how my tuner operates too.
Add timing till engine stops making more power then back off 2 degrees or so.
That's a very close figure so it shows you know what you are doing.
What is the afr of E85 roughly?
I usually use 9.76 in the tune file for stoich. Anything after that is PE multipliers, etc.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds awesome! That’s so weird it doesn’t move lol
Old 01-18-2020, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 754 Likes on 408 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Imho, i like street tuning the best. It presents real world data under load n driving habits. To me, dyno time is for a built from scratch tuning, time constraints, or outright comparing parts. Street tuning ftw!
Old 01-18-2020, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,261 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Originally Posted by rkupon1
Imho, i like street tuning the best. It presents real world data under load n driving habits. To me, dyno time is for a built from scratch tuning, time constraints, or outright comparing parts. Street tuning ftw!
Yep. The dyno gets you in the neighborhood, but the street finds the addresses!
Old 01-18-2020, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

..Making it streetable is the hard part. All the return to idle routines, etc. But even then, all you control is air, fuel, and spark.
amen to this!
Old 01-20-2020, 06:11 AM

Well, a status update...

I got almost all the last **** done. Really struggling to hook up the intermediate pipes between headers and X. Pass side went in. Driver side still not in. Everything else is buttoned up and motor is road-worthy.

No regrets with what I am about to type. Dad showed up with a U haul full of furniture leftover from when Mom died that he cannot fit into his new place. There was a few things my wife and I wanted, so we unloaded all of that. Other stuff my daughter wanted. My daughter had just got married in November, so he drove it all down to SC from MD, unloaded, then we all drove a few hours to get it to my daughter, and moved all that stuff in. Drove back and hung out for the weekend.

But bottom line I was not going to take time away from Dad to eff around in the car, so I left it with the driver side head pipe as the last piece to make it drivable. In a plane right now about to head to Dallas. So it looks like I'll get it running next Saturday now.

Sorry to disappoint but I am sure most everyone would have done the same.
The following 5 users liked this post by Darth_V8r:
Che70velle (01-20-2020), ddnspider (01-20-2020), grubinski (01-20-2020), lazerlemonta (01-20-2020), NAVYBLUE210 (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Good call on the priorities.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Well, a status update...

I got almost all the last **** done. Really struggling to hook up the intermediate pipes between headers and X. Pass side went in. Driver side still not in. Everything else is buttoned up and motor is road-worthy.

No regrets with what I am about to type. Dad showed up with a U haul full of furniture leftover from when Mom died that he cannot fit into his new place. There was a few things my wife and I wanted, so we unloaded all of that. Other stuff my daughter wanted. My daughter had just got married in November, so he drove it all down to SC from MD, unloaded, then we all drove a few hours to get it to my daughter, and moved all that stuff in. Drove back and hung out for the weekend.

But bottom line I was not going to take time away from Dad to eff around in the car, so I left it with the driver side head pipe as the last piece to make it drivable. In a plane right now about to head to Dallas. So it looks like I'll get it running next Saturday now.

Sorry to disappoint but I am sure most everyone would have done the same.
Family is always more important. No apologies necessary
G Atsma (01-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Projekt Lazarus - Numbers Posted!!