Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

oil pressure dropping when warm ,still

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure dropping when warm ,still

hoping for some direction , search the site for answers , 07 avalanche , 5.3 w/DOD, 202K miles , original owner had oil pressure issue that was screen and sending unit , month later dod lifter collapsed , he sold to a kid i know ,, supposedly replaced lifters , and oil pressure issue started , i bought cheap and questioned where the lifters came from and sketchy response from the kid ,, my problem now , did the research , new gm oil pump for this trk , drop diff , pan , water pmp ,, replace oil pump , found cracked oil ring on pickup , thought great , fixed , reassemble and start up , same pressure at start up ,40 psi, and drop off when warm to zero at idle , read about leaking at valley cover , bought fel pro gasket and orings ,, disassembled solenoids and cleaned and replaced gskts ,, start up now 50 psi ,, still goes to zero when warm at idle ,, valve train never makes a sound and engine never misses as if it lost pressure and collapsed valve train, looking for any thoughts , suggestions .. thank you .tony b
Old 04-15-2020, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Which gauge are you relying on? Stock or mechanical? If stock, hook up a mechanical gauge and see where you're really at.
The following users liked this post:
Old Geezer (04-21-2020)

Quick Reply: oil pressure dropping when warm ,still