Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Shaft rockers, 11° 6 bolt LS3 heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 751 Likes on 407 Posts

Let him be...We could use some decent head threads n things. Theres been alot of builds with different induction set ups and philosophies to support them lately. Jaik blew me away with his long winded head selection process. That kinda info I never even considered prior to my build. I love learning and the reasoning behind it. Theres defly more than one way to skin this cat. (Who skins cats, lol). But I literally took my builders word for it n never questioned anything! He said Mast ls7 heads ftw! I said heres my cc. 100% street car, so id prolly never notice any differences from my build vs. a cammed ls7 from gmpp w/msd or fast 102 atop it
Old 10-04-2020, 01:40 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by rkupon1
Let him be...We could use some decent head threads n things. Theres been alot of builds with different induction set ups and philosophies to support them lately. Jaik blew me away with his long winded head selection process. That kinda info I never even considered prior to my build. I love learning and the reasoning behind it. Theres defly more than one way to skin this cat. (Who skins cats, lol). But I literally took my builders word for it n never questioned anything! He said Mast ls7 heads ftw! I said heres my cc. 100% street car, so id prolly never notice any differences from my build vs. a cammed ls7 from gmpp w/msd or fast 102 atop it
Thanks RK. I agree too. Dont start nothing, wont be nothing.
The following users liked this post:
rkupon1 (10-04-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona
Reason for poking a hole thru is the CNC programming and not Designing a program from a hand ported set or ported runner. If you like what's seen with the Haymaker ask the cost on just CNC work, depending on how much your trying to get.
There aren't that many Ls3 casting with 11 degrees.
There are 7 different 11* LS3 in the market right now. Some require extensive work to correct them as some will not physically bolt on to a 6 bolt block. The reason why we poke a hole onto a Liberty is how different it is vs what we use on ours. We cut that so many ways to find that out it is thinner in the intake runner to a water jacket.
The following 2 users liked this post by JRFed:
DualQuadDave (10-05-2020), randeez (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 680 Likes on 554 Posts

This guy right here....🌞

Know your busy Bro.... thought I would've been also. But Reference to the pm.

So what did you check into?

The one thing I told you and sending the head off to T&D or Jesel is your fail safe button. Deploy when & if needed. Reason being is Joe@Jomar wanted me to send my Ls3 heads to make a stud girdle. Found out how Eric made his..another thing Zach didn't get done. Shawn Hooper was to set it up, he's still with doing it.
If you've got a part # (1st) thing I'd do is cross reference it to Liberty casting as they are here and cool guys. No need to Cross ref Haymaker it's a Liberty casting. Then you get into the we don't know castings. Back to the fail safe button as there may not be one made or it's on a Factory style Shaft rocker placement and U just don't know it.. What's Needed is a shaft rocker for test fitment to compare Certain points. Reason 4 the Fail Safe button. 😃 If heads are sent to either Business use the company with more cross reference shaft mounted rockers...Y some may ask? Higher % of not having to make a rocker = less money (-💰)

Example of Needing some holes.
https://www.summitracing.com/ga/parts/cca-4020

Last edited by Corona; 10-30-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Banned

Got My T&D catalog in today.

Nothin looked major as Far as Differences on Length, Intake off/set, Exhaust o/s, etc... a Factory Ls3 or Ls7 head Vs a Aftermarket 1. So I kinda already knew the drill but Oh well. We may Learn Something & I did. So I called T&D spoke to a young man, told him I had a Speed Masters Ls7 head. Was told send it to Match...close to $2k Hmmmmm.

Said to Self: call Crower, Punk 🤣 huh, I'll show you the Punk 😂...same Question asked: I have a Speed Masters Ls7 head. Young Cool Guy says: Hmmmmm you Mean, Pro Comp Ls7 casting... Pause. 🤫 I'm getting a Hard on @ this Point. Stated it's Listed, use the (Typical) part # 74107F ...

Brother Look @ the Ls3 listings, all T&D rockers on the Length & the Intake O/S . Willing to bet the head you have fits 1 of these. Thing is Which 1.

Intake Off Set:
Factory Ls3 .0215
TFS Ls3 .0300
Mast Ls3 .350
PRC Ls3 .250

Further Research finds ER using *Comp Cams* Shaft mounted Rockers With Liberty 11 degree heads. Makes me think Comp Cams means, a just as Good part and cheaper Vs Crower. Also a Good Machinist
4 me Maybe another Comp Cams ER rocker setup....👍 I figure you and your machinist have figured it out by now Knowing U.

Last edited by Corona; 01-12-2021 at 05:52 PM.
DualQuadDave (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 376 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona
Got My T&D catalog in today.

Nothin looked major as Far as Differences on Length, Intake off/set, Exhaust o/s, etc... a Factory Ls3 or Ls7 head Vs a Aftermarket 1. So I kinda already knew the drill but Oh well. We may Learn Something & I did. So I called T&D spoke to a young man, told him I had a Speed Masters Ls7 head. Was told send it to Match...close to $2k Hmmmmm.

Said to Self: call Crower, Punk 🤣 huh, I'll show you the Punk 😂...same Question asked: I have a Speed Masters Ls7 head. Young Cool Guy says: Hmmmmm you Mean, Pro Comp Ls7 casting... Pause. 🤫 I'm getting a Hard on @ this Point. Stated it's Listed, use the (Typical) part # 74107F ...

Brother Look @ the Ls3 listings, all T&D rockers on the Length & the Intake O/S . Willing to bet the head you have fits 1 of these. Thing is Which 1.

Intake Off Set:
Factory Ls3 .0215
TFS Ls3 .0300
Mast Ls3 .350
PRC Ls3 .250

Further Research finds ER using *Comp Cams* Shaft mounted Rockers With Liberty 11 degree heads. Makes me think Comp Cams means, a just as Good part and cheaper Vs Crower. Also a Good Machinist
4 me Maybe another Comp Cams ER rocker setup....👍 I figure you and your machinist have figured it out by now Knowing U.
​​​​​Luv u man! You put the time in to help. FYI, you inadvertently gave me the exact info I was after, how much intake offset. It's all plus to the center of the bore, just how much.. Mast wins, which explains a lot in the flow/power area for us bore limited folk. Take care, we need to talk soon. Have a good night!
Old 01-12-2021, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, just my .02 cents, but I have seen Crower/T&D/Jesel in person. The Crower's are Amazing quality. Not to say the Jesel's are not sexy or T&D not nice, but the Crower's are over the top. I have seen fitment problems with them in certain applications, but a phone call fixed it. Jesel has some products better, T&D has some unique products, but for the $$$, Crower will get my $$$.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 AM
Banned

I also like Crower...... Steel. Seen Darin use them on John B heads asked him a few questions. I'm just happy to know What Shaft rocker set fits my cheap little casting. That was my only hang up.. Didn't Know what Fits.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a up to date message to say I sent the heads back and bought AllPro 12-1's. Seems the offshore castings I received weren't even close to fitting the LS Next SHP block I had. Very bottom holes wouldn't go over the studs. Took studs out and heads fit. Either casting core shift or improper machining or both. I would have had to oblong the holes at least .100, and then the holes would be close to the edge. Centered a Cometic head gasket to the surface and the end chambers were machined off center. Gasket hangover into the chambers while middle two were okay. Other things that were supplier issues that only added fuel to the fire made my mind up to not use these heads.
The following 2 users liked this post by HighspeedLean:
Che70velle (01-13-2021), DualQuadDave (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the update! Yeah, China strikes again. Glad you got it sorted before spending more $$$ on them. The Allpro's are killer, post some numbers when you get it together.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DualQuadDave
Thanks for the update! Yeah, China strikes again. Glad you got it sorted before spending more $$$ on them. The Allpro's are killer, post some numbers when you get it together.
Which All Pros have and know a few...the small bore isn't listed but is Shown here. Old thread would need to look into my data Book Marks.

Brodix as I said on YB I can get Anything needed...
274 port with 2.20/1.58 valves
Any Arrangements...
Richard sells a Brodix small bore that's Said to flow 400 CFM. Dave reason 4 the Title of the Thread i did. Wink wink! If Brodix sells the 274 with a 2.250 valve and flows 415 seen From Various Porters before SSR/Bowl work etc.. Hmmmmm. Hell I can make that myself Cheaper With The Big Spring pad.
Easy find in BM's key Words All Pro
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...w-1retro.html#

Last edited by Corona; 01-13-2021 at 10:51 AM.
G Atsma (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 11:20 AM
Banned

For a 4 inch small bore Mast STR 8 head flowed 400+ with a port as Large as Texas...Had a Friend measure the Outside diameter of the port 👍.
Avg Best I've seen to date with just a typical LS7 head on a small bore is 370's. But do know that guys with Mast and All Pros have had further work done. All a matter of pick your castings... Smallest you could get a Ls7 with the big no no in CC is around 260's unless Someone's got a Raw one and did a port then turned it into a program. Haven't seen anything worth while under 260cc since ETP and Cary. I got his number & we FB friends also.
Gregs CID small bore Ls7 is nice but you'd need to talk to GG or CID on information. You've got Darin & Mast also. Your back 2 having 2 pick a Casting and or Porter.

🤐

Last edited by Corona; 01-13-2021 at 11:25 AM.
DualQuadDave (01-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Shaft rockers, 11° 6 bolt LS3 heads