Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 Heads cnc ported by Martin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020 | 05:35 PM
Teching In

Default LS3 Heads cnc ported by Martin?

Anyone know much about CNC Porting by Martin Technologies in Michigan?

Set of heads for sale local and the CNC port work was done by Martin Technologies.
Old 11-27-2020 | 04:51 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Never heard of them. But that doesn’t mean anything either. Try GOOGLEing them
Old 11-27-2020 | 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Martin Tech has one LSx on their website, an 800hp 427ci... I don't see anything else to do with the LS on their website...
Old 11-28-2020 | 09:53 AM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Not accusing anyone of wrong doing, especially without knowing much about this company. But in my experience smaller companies like this basically get a set of CNC heads done by one of the big companies who have the resources to come up with their own CNC program, digitize them, then start offering their own CNC package. I know a small head porter here locally got a set of a buddies Lingenfelter CNC heads and did exactly that. Creating your own CNC package form scratch can be extremely time consuming and expensive. This company certainly could have done that, but I would lean more towards one of the other options. Problem is you'll never find out lol. I would call them and ask some questions to see what info you can get. I would assume they have flow numbers to share.

How much are these heads? Sounds like you may be buying them second hand from someone? If they're a good deal I would just roll with it. If they're asking top dollar, I would look into just sending your heads out to be done by TEA or similar, or just scouring the classifieds until you find a set of used for sale. I found a set of TEA ported 243's for sale here several years ago for a killer price, then had a local machine shop go thru them so they were fresh.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (11-28-2020)

Quick Reply: LS3 Heads cnc ported by Martin?