Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 With TFS 235 & Cam Motion LLSR

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LS3 With TFS 235 & Cam Motion LLSR

My plans to build a 427 for my 67 Camaro have been put on perma-hold do to the "questionable" state of the world. I just dont see dropping that kind of coin right now.
As my back up plan, I am considering going with a set of TFS235 heads and a Cam Motion LLSR on my stock bottom end LS3. My rational for doing this is that the TFS heads would not only provide better overall flow characteristics but the different valve angle would allow for better flexibility with cam and head gasket choice to be able to get the static compression ratio up around 11.4ish

Im looking to get close to 580-600 at the crank while making more tq/hp under the curve and an extended RPM range without it being a PITA to drive..

Holley Terminator Throttle body EFI
E​​​​​​delbrock Vic Jr intake
1 7/8 long tubes, full 3" duals
(currently has LS3 heads, 228/238, 621/604, 111.5 LSA)

* I already have a set of Crower shaft rockers/BAM lifters for the TFS heads

Thoughts, encouragement and or ridicule is appreciated...
Old 01-22-2021, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 470 Likes on 272 Posts

Sounds to me like that would run really nice. "Enough" compression, "enough" cam, and the ability to rev it and still make power.

I kind of wonder sometimes if a 'carb style' manifold like yours and throttle body injection would have been a good way to go on my car. I'm thinking that it would give a nicely extended powerband, at the cost of a little midrange, which I wouldn't miss, since my car is so light. If you build this, it'd be interesting to see your results.

Can you run that throttle body injection on a GM computer, or do you need to go aftermarket?
Old 01-22-2021, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The main reason I went with an "old school" single plane intake is because I wanted the engine in my 67 Camaro to look like an old small block. Im sure I give up mid-range to a factory style intake but it is worth the trade off for the "look"
Also, as you mentioned, this car is light. (3250lbs). With the 6 speed and 373 gears, it doesnt stay in the mid-range long....
I was thinking that the cathedral port heads might help in that area...

Im pretty sure the Terminator TB has to be used with a Holley ECU.

The following users liked this post:
grubinski (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 680 Likes on 554 Posts

You'll be happy with the cam made for it's intended use. 👍 On the Solid Roller choice.

​​​​​​

Last edited by Corona; 01-22-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 480 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by grubinski
Sounds to me like that would run really nice. "Enough" compression, "enough" cam, and the ability to rev it and still make power.

I kind of wonder sometimes if a 'carb style' manifold like yours and throttle body injection would have been a good way to go on my car. I'm thinking that it would give a nicely extended powerband, at the cost of a little midrange, which I wouldn't miss, since my car is so light. If you build this, it'd be interesting to see your results.

Can you run that throttle body injection on a GM computer, or do you need to go aftermarket?

Holley sniper low pro is what you’re looking for. Single plane intake would be half way out your hood.

Quick Reply: LS3 With TFS 235 & Cam Motion LLSR