Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LC9 Catch Can Fills up FAST

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LC9 Catch Can Fills up FAST

I have a 2009 LC9 with about 40k miles, rings are gapped for boost and it has a Summit Ghost Cam. Just installed a turbo setup with a catch can (DS valve cover port thru catch can to top of intake, PS valve cover port to air filter pipe before turbo. I've been cruising around with no boost and find that I got about half a cup of oil (fairly clean) in the catch can in about 50 miles of driving. Is my PCV system sucking too much air thru? Even with gapped rings blowby shouldn't be that much.

Last edited by Blacksix; 03-14-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Take a look here.... May have the info you need.
Can Install Gallery - Google Drive
Old 03-14-2021, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Take a look here.... May have the info you need.
Can Install Gallery - Google Drive
So in your TBSS/Truck diagrams with ports circled in red, since I have a non-vented valley cover I run the line from the PS valve cover to the air filter inlet instead of capped. This creates a vacuum flow path from behind the filter, through the whole engine via both valve covers, through the catch can, and into the top of the intake. Is this correct? I have a boost check valve where it goes into the intake so the PCV system does not see boost, my theory is that the turbo will create enough suction at the filter to pull air through the system in reverse, helped along by crankcase pressure. The catch can should work in reverse as well, not?

Quick Reply: LC9 Catch Can Fills up FAST