Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Valve Spring & Rocker Advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2021 | 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default Valve Spring & Rocker Advise

I'm building an LS engine for my daily driven Mazda RX8. I'm porting a set of 762 castings right now. I plan on having them milled .010" before final assembly. I'm stuck on what to do about rocker arms and springs. The cam is the generic, tried and tested, sloppy stage 2 with .585" lift intake and exhaust. I got the cam brand new for $150.. I was also GIVEN (as in for free) a complete set of brand new Comp Cam 1.7 roller rockers... They are still in the box. I've been told that if I want to use those rockers, I will have to have stronger springs to keep the valves from floating... This car will never be raced. It will never see 6500RPM as I will set the rev limiter to keep it under that #. I called PAC and they recommend their 1219X springs (single, bee-hive) with those roller rockers and my cam. My question is;

Should I just run Pac 1218's and factory stamped rocker arms, or run the Comp Cams roller rockers with the 1219X's? I'm also building a 408 stroker next and thought that if I went with the stock rocker arms on this motor, I'd put the roller rockers on that stroker engine.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Valve Spring & Rocker Advise