Old 05-13-2023, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

Are those dual 525lph Hellcat pumps?
Old 05-13-2023, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by Pbarby
how has that kmember held up? I love taking hard corners and, and based on pics (and coming from a umi road race K (which would not work At All) I felt the bolt-in pedestals being a weak point. I probably would have made the same mistake (50/50 chance installing pedestals on the wrong side). Lots of lessons and tricks learned with this build.

yeah, big red valve was another painpoint…loud and kicking up dust into the engine bay. I like the placement of 2 BOVs on this kit…inside bumper and near the intake filters.

The rattle-like sounds I heard PCs make at idle would drive me crazy. Engine builders have told me, in addition to belt slip, a lot of pressure on the crank snout/thrust bearings. My thoughts are always to go with short term pain (time consuming install) long term pleasure (aforementioned turbo benefits).
So far so good, but I've only less than two thousand miles on it. I love to corner too. It has Strano springs, Koni's, and just about everything UMI sells. The K member and front A arms are the first BMR parts I've put on the car. I have nothing against BMR at all. I started doing business with Sam Strano over fifteen years ago and have never had any reason to go anywhere else.
Old 05-13-2023, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 64post
Are those dual 525lph Hellcat pumps?
dual 525lph walbro

https://www.huronspeed.com/products/...p-fuel-systems
Old 05-13-2023, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

I'm pretty sure they bought the rights to Squash's kit and improved on it.

I have the Squash kit with dual Hellcat pumps on mine.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
So far so good, but I've only less than two thousand miles on it. I love to corner too. It has Strano springs, Koni's, and just about everything UMI sells. The K member and front A arms are the first BMR parts I've put on the car. I have nothing against BMR at all. I started doing business with Sam Strano over fifteen years ago and have never had any reason to go anywhere else.
same here. I let Sam pick the parts for my car, Strano springs, koni shocks, boxed a arms. I added about 6 washers to the front shock and heater hoses to the back springs for a little lift..didn’t impact performance.

Only factory suspension part left is the wheel assembly connected to the a arms(w moog hub bearings) and bump stops (also per Sam). Only bmr parts now are now the kmember and torque bar….nothing against them either. Bought car w mostly umi stuff on it.

I see your in Indiana. I plan to head up to Woodward this year.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Yes, it’s still at the speed shop. It was picked up last July (2023) and they started working on it in January.

fist thing was hooking up the charge pipes. Either because of the boxed a arms or another reason the charge pipes the Huron kit came with were in the way of the an arm travel. The speed shop ran them under the car with a skid plate:

the intake pipes and bladders wouldn’t fit, however, so screens and socks were used on the turbos instead.

Oil pan and turbos plumbed, gauges hooked up, fuel lines and catch can wrapped up. Pump E85 in the tank.

car started in May and a graphite header gasket I installed leaked…but the TT 427 LS3 sounded really good. The gaskets were replaced w MLS factory gaskets and the car was getting street tuned. Once boost was introduced a front seal oil leak showed itself…cover was misaligned and corrected by the shop.

3rd street tune attempt and front brake failure occurred; ABS pump leaked from a plug in the back, turner is fine and no one was hurt luckily. Used pump ordered from Hawks and arrived this past week.

Now back to waiting for the shop to install the ABS, bleed brakes and back to tuning hopefully with no more surprises.

shop owner said the car is very responsive and everything felt good when driving.

based on what I’ve read in other posts I suspect I’ll touch 1000hp with the 427, stage 3 cam, LSA heads and 6766 Huron TT kit w 7.5lbs springs and boost controller (15lbs boost). But, I’m not looking to max out or race the motor or boost, just want some bragging rights.

hope I get to post some final, good result here soon. Thanks to those who subscribed

Last edited by Pbarby; 07-05-2024 at 11:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DualQuadDave (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:33 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,512 Likes on 2,164 Posts

Good to see progress here. Keep us posted please.
Pbarby (07-05-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1,005 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by Pbarby
same here. I let Sam pick the parts for my car, Strano springs, koni shocks, boxed a arms. I added about 6 washers to the front shock and heater hoses to the back springs for a little lift..didn’t impact performance.

Only factory suspension part left is the wheel assembly connected to the a arms(w moog hub bearings) and bump stops (also per Sam). Only bmr parts now are now the kmember and torque bar….nothing against them either. Bought car w mostly umi stuff on it.

I see your in Indiana. I plan to head up to Woodward this year.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I've been to Woodward quite a few times thru the years. I live within 60 miles of there. I never go anymore. Why? Because it has gotten so huge that it isn't a cruise anymore. It's more like the Woodward "Park!" Sometimes you're lucky to go a mile or two in an hour. A better option, and held the same weekend, is in Flint, known as Back to the Bricks. This is roughly 35 miles N. of Woodward. Way more cruising, and you still have the option of cruising down to Woodward if you want to. My opinion.....
G Atsma (07-06-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by grinder11
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I've been to Woodward quite a few times thru the years. I live within 60 miles of there. I never go anymore. Why? Because it has gotten so huge that it isn't a cruise anymore. It's more like the Woodward "Park!" Sometimes you're lucky to go a mile or two in an hour. A better option, and held the same weekend, is in Flint, known as Back to the Bricks. This is roughly 35 miles N. of Woodward. Way more cruising, and you still have the option of cruising down to Woodward if you want to. My opinion.....
I agree. It’s one big traffic jam. I haven’t heard of Flint and will drive up there this time around.

the last couple of years I was fortunate enough to have a spot to park/show my car (different car) in old Woodward in Birmingham. I’d show up early, park the car, and we’d walk up/down Woodward for hours checking out cars, stopping for food/drink, and have a good time. We’d cruise the Woodward strip Friday night for the experience and end up at Vinsetta’s garage to watch the pre-show.

regardless of the traffic jam I love going just to see all the cars and talk to other enthusiasts. I will make it a point to check out Flint next month…thanks for the info.

Last edited by Pbarby; 07-07-2024 at 07:57 PM.
G Atsma (07-07-2024)
Old Today, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Car is back in my hands. I’m mostly happy. 733/740 at 9psi. It’s fun. Few problems though; I’ll get into them later. For now, I’m confused because after 30mi of driving the SEL came on. P0102, for MAF, which the car doesn’t have. It was tuned speed density and there is no MAF on the car. Tuner mistake or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: Build Thread – Sleeve LS3 – Boost – Cosmetics