Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Lifter question ls3/ls7 lifters

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lifter question ls3/ls7 lifters

Not sure where to ask this question.You guys have always helped me out and I thank you. I'm building a ls3 .This might be a dumb question . My lifters arrived yesterday and came in a nice case ,I planned on sticking them all in a small can full of oil and leave over night. I forgot to do that so I poured oil on top of the lifters and after about 5 refills all but 1 lifter had oil showing where pushrod sits. The lifters are standing straight up in this case they came in. I repeated filling the 1 lifter many times and just the 1 keeps draining down. Is that a problem or nothing to worry about. Also when pushing on the lifter it is solid with just my finger pressing it down. I don't see the need to explain my set up they are new ls7 roller lifters .
Old 02-29-2024, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls3 lifter question.

Not sure if I'm in the right forum to ask this. I Purchased new ls7 lifters. I poured oil over the top of them a few times and noticed 1 lifter keeps draining down. Is that normal they are standing straight up in the case they came in. The lifter is solid when pushing with my finger. I would hate to have to pull the heads back off. Thanks for all the past help you guys have given me I do appreciate this site.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1,005 Likes on 715 Posts

I dont see a problem. The oil pump will (should) keep it pumped up. It's possible you might have a slight lifter tick for 1 or 2 seconds after the engine is started for the first time the next day. If it was my engine, I'd send it.....

Quick Reply: Lifter question ls3/ls7 lifters