Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2013 chevy caprice ppv Knock retard

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 chevy caprice ppv Knock retard

I am encountering what seems to be random knock retard across all cylinders. I have replaced knock sensors and their harness, maf sensor, cam position, checked if the exhaust is hitting anywhere, etc. i am at a loss as to where its coming from. its an l77 motor with btr stage 2 v2 ls3 cam, chevy performance lifters, btr pushrods, and 660 valve springs. When i put the cam in i resurfaced the heads and everything was put together perfectly. i am in the process of getting it tuned by gpi but out of no where it started to get knock retard upwards of 13 degrees. I have never heard any audible knock and when i added octane booster to my fuel (im running 93 octane) it did not get rid of the knock retard. I attached my current tune file from gpi as well as my most recent log. Any ideas as to what could be causing my issue?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
24-09-16 18-20-48.hpl (19.04 MB, 0 views)
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,234 Posts

Originally Posted by chopcop
I am encountering what seems to be random knock retard across all cylinders. I have replaced knock sensors and their harness, maf sensor, cam position, checked if the exhaust is hitting anywhere, etc. i am at a loss as to where its coming from. its an l77 motor with btr stage 2 v2 ls3 cam, chevy performance lifters, btr pushrods, and 660 valve springs. When i put the cam in i resurfaced the heads and everything was put together perfectly. i am in the process of getting it tuned by gpi but out of no where it started to get knock retard upwards of 13 degrees. I have never heard any audible knock and when i added octane booster to my fuel (im running 93 octane) it did not get rid of the knock retard. I attached my current tune file from gpi as well as my most recent log. Any ideas as to what could be causing my issue?
If it’s truly knocking that hard, your spark plugs will look “peppered”. They will have specs on them that will look like someone shot a sandblaster at them from 20 feet and only a few specs of sand hit the plugs. It’s probably false knock. I’ve seen failing transmissions do that a lot to an LS as well as an exhaust rattling against something under there, broke engine mounts, etc.

Quick Reply: 2013 chevy caprice ppv Knock retard